Sign in to follow this  
Rimsh

Impressions from watching the other BIG 3 teams tonight

Mike Brown is finally starting to get exposed as the most overrated coach in all of sports. I have never seen a guy so offensively challenged and so horrible at making adjustments.

It's like clockwork when Cleveland plays a good team, and we all saw this in our series last year with them: Crowd is revved up, Lebron comes out and flies past everyone, Floppy makes a shot or two and next thing you know they are up by double digits in the first quarter.

Then, usually around the middle of the 2nd quarter, when things settle and the other coach identifies mismatches, the whole game turns. Then the camera cuts away to Brown during a timeout and he looks more confused than Obama without a TelePrompTer.

When I watched The Celtics vs. Cavs game yesterday..Lebron looked a little thinner then last year..Still fit of course but he didnt look as muscular as last year, maybe to have more speed, agility & flexibility..He does get a lot of calls but he is still a beast.....But anyone else find him a little thinner looking??? I think he lost weight with that jaw surgery he had, not being able to eat solid food for a while..I cant see Cleveland winning it all, not even the East..I feel we are the best team in the East if not the league though Boston did look good last night..We can beat anyone if we come to play for real.

quote:
Mike Brown is finally starting to get exposed as the most overrated coach in all of sports. I have never seen a guy so offensively challenged and so horrible at making adjustments.

He's gonna be really screwed now that John Kuester isn't there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Cleveland is a ticking time bomb! It's only a matter of time before the whole team implodes. Lebron cannot keep his ego intact and Shaq will throw Lebron under the bus. Anyone want to start a pool on when that will happen (I said when not if).

By Christmas

I went to sleep on the Lakers game. Boston will be a problem if they work out the kinks. Cleveland will continue to have problems with any pick and roll situations involving Shaq. Also if anyone saw the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd when Perkins started popping out for jumpers,that's going to be another hole in Cleveland's defense involving Shaq. In other words, he may have made them worse defensively aside from the body-slam intimidations of course.

I want to call out Charlie Rosen. What the heck is he smoking? From watching this game I dont see how the Cavs are going to be able to match up aginst the big 3 of Orlando, Lakers, and Boston. Just like last year, I dont think the Cavs have a chance aginst those teams. Remember the Rosen article... Side Show Flop is going to make Lewis disapear, Shaq is going to be able to play Dwight all game and cancel him out, Parker will be able to defend Carter and lock him down, and Moon will be fantastic long defender coming off the bench.... What the heck was that guy smoking saying that. At one point during the game Cleveland had Shaq and Big Z on the floor at the same time. If they do that aginst Orlando, its going be lights out for Cleveland. We will pick and roll those slow footed stiffs all day long. Cleveland can not guard the pick and roll period. The Pick and Roll is Orlando's bread and butter....How the heck is Cleveland going to stop that. They could not do nothing about it tonight. Side Show Flop made himself disapear tonight... Mo Williams showed how he should never have All Star next to his name ever again. Cleveland proved it has no bench at all....once Lebron is out of the game, they have no one on the team that can get their own shot. Shaq is old...he looked good out of the gate, but reality then set in and he started huffing and puffing his way up and down the court playing no D at all. Lebron was Lebron... One player does not equal ship. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had young Shaq/Gasol, Wade had Shaq right before he dropped off, Boston's Big 3 have each other....but Lebron has nothing. Old Fat Shaq, Old Slow Z, Wanna be all star Mo chucker Williams, and a bunch of cast offs dont equal ship.

Sorry Cleveland...You will beat the lower playoff type teams and have a great record, but thats fools gold..you will still lose to Boston, LA, and Orlando.

Heck...I'm not sure if they can even beat the Raps tonight... Barns, Bosh, and the Turk are going to pick and roll them to death tonight.. And Shaq and Big Z will still be tired from the back to back...trouble for Cleveland, they might start 0-2

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

Heck...I'm not sure if they can even beat the Raps tonight... Barns, Bosh, and the Turk are going to pick and roll them to death tonight.. And Shaq and Big Z will still be tired from the back to back...trouble for Cleveland, they might start 0-2

And how would they ever recover from that disastrous start? If memory serves a certain NBA finalist began 0-2 with losses vs ATL and MEM last season and the wheels stayed on. No, the Cavs didn't look good. There was no ball movement, as usual. I don't think the Shaq pick up will help. Parker is actually a good player but the hype around Moon baffles me, don't know how he became a sought after commodity. Mike Brown's schemes are obviously rudimentary or his players just don't listen. But we all know in the end the Cavs will be a top 3 team in the East vying for the ECF. Writing them off after the first game of the season is a little hasty.

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

And how would they ever recover from that disastrous start? If memory serves a certain NBA finalist began 0-2 with losses vs ATL and MEM last season and the wheels stayed on. No, the Cavs didn't look good. There was no ball movement, as usual. I don't think the Shaq pick up will help. Parker is actually a good player but the hype around Moon baffles me, don't know how he became a sought after commodity. Mike Brown's schemes are obviously rudimentary or his players just don't listen. But we all know in the end the Cavs will be a top 3 team in the East vying for the ECF. Writing them off after the first game of the season is a little hasty.

it is hasty, but they just got outcoached and their actual coach has left. one or two games doesn't mean panic, but the way they lost is an issue. they have an ultimate big man/men and they lost a grind it out session, mike brown better start looking at tape from last season; they will be better but it's up to the coaching.

quote:
Beware Washington! This team is explosive, deep, & didn't even have Jamison. They remind me of offensive version of the Dallas team that should have won a title. I can't see them getting through the East, but if they stay healthy, they are a lock for #4, could easily get a top 3 spot if somebody slips, & will be a dangerous matchup in the playoffs.

Yeah, the Wiz look like a lock for the 4th. I don't know if it was their defense or the Mavs offensive ineptness that made Dallas' offense look so putrid.

quote:

quote:

but how long did it take cleveland to lose their first home game last season? let's be realistic, we can't start sleeping on the cavs after 1 game against an excellent celtics team. however, they are not as dominant as people think they will be, at least they didn't look like it. their problem is at pf. the cavs are really banking on leon powe coming back strong, otherwise it will be a long season

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

but how long did it take cleveland to lose their first home game last season? let's be realistic, we can't start sleeping on the cavs after 1 game against an excellent celtics team. however, they are not as dominant as people think they will be, at least they didn't look like it. their problem is at pf. the cavs are really banking on leon powe coming back strong, otherwise it will be a long season

Agreed, all I'm saying is give them time because they'll be there fighting in the second round, although I do expect a BOS-ORL ECF. As far as the home loss goes, seems to me the Magic stole that aura of "invincibility" the Cavs had going at the Q. The crowd was just never that into it last night.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

Agreed, all I'm saying is give them time because they'll be there fighting in the second round, although I do expect a BOS-ORL ECF. As far as the home loss goes, seems to me the Magic stole that aura of "invincibility" the Cavs had going at the Q. The crowd was just never that into it last night.

there were many times last season where it seemed like our crowd was non existent, especially in the playoffs. i expect a better crowd showing this season, though