Sign in to follow this  
Rimsh

Impressions from watching the other BIG 3 teams tonight

Lakers bench will be better when Gasol is back and Odom goes back to the bench.

But yeah, Big Fatty (Shaq) is not going to be Cleveland's savior. Brooklyn or Manhattan LeBron, we know you're going, just don't know where.

Boston has the best 6 man team in the NBA, the toughest team, & play top flight D at every position.

LA isn't a contender w/o Gasol & their bench is weak w/o Odom. They are going to run Fisher into the ground if they play him 32+ a night this year. He was treading water late last year & already looks like he's running on fumes.

Cleveland's depth might be better when they get West back, but they are still LeBron, & the pips.

Beware Washington! This team is explosive, deep, & didn't even have Jamison. They remind me of offensive version of the Dallas team that should have won a title. I can't see them getting through the East, but if they stay healthy, they are a lock for #4, could easily get a top 3 spot if somebody slips, & will be a dangerous matchup in the playoffs.

Cleveland is a ticking time bomb! It's only a matter of time before the whole team implodes. Lebron cannot keep his ego intact and Shaq will throw Lebron under the bus. Anyone want to start a pool on when that will happen (I said when not if).

quote:

Beware Washington! This team is explosive, deep, & didn't even have Jamison. They remind me of offensive version of the Dallas team that should have won a title. I can't see them getting through the East, but if they stay healthy, they are a lock for #4, could easily get a top 3 spot if somebody slips, & will be a dangerous matchup in the playoffs.

Do you think Agent Zero can keep putting up numbers like he did tonight? I noticed he didn't shoot very well, but it seems like he's back. However i'm willing to bet money that he won't be playing all 82 games

It's only game 1 and the Lakers I'm sure knew they were going to win but having said that their overconfidence has been their weakness in the past and it showed a little last night. As for the cavs and the Celtics. The Cavs have arguably the best player in the league but he doesn't play a team game and never will (Check out Denton's blog and Shard's comments on sacrifice!) Shaq is a windbag and as for the Celtics, if they stay fit, they'll be a dominant force but I'm not sure they'll have the stamina for the play offs, with or without KG. Talent of course, stamina, not convinced.

Wheres Dentons blog?

And I agree, Cavs came out flying and I thought oh no! Shaq and James are working together... Then it the cavs looked terrible especially when lebron wasnt on the court.

Lakers don't look like they have a bench, but unlike cavs when bryant (Lebron) isnt on the court they still have a game going.

Celtics are going to be the toughest out of the lot, but disciplin from Magic, and mainly howard is the way to beat them

quote:
Do you think Agent Zero can keep putting up numbers like he did tonight? I noticed he didn't shoot very well, but it seems like he's back. However i'm willing to bet money that he won't be playing all 82 games

Yea he can put up those numbers. The Hibachi was an MVP candidate before getting hurt. Can he manage to not get hurt? I dunno. But if he does the Wiz will be a legit threat in the East.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Boston has the best 6 man team in the NBA, the toughest team, & play top flight D at every position.

LA isn't a contender w/o Gasol & their bench is weak w/o Odom. They are going to run Fisher into the ground if they play him 32+ a night this year. He was treading water late last year & already looks like he's running on fumes.

Cleveland's depth might be better when they get West back, but they are still LeBron, & the pips.

Completely agree on the Wizards KITNO. I've always been a fan of Washington, yet injuries took their toll and halted their progress in seasons past. Coming into this season they've added great parts, have that good depth from 1-15 spots. Have a good mix of talent and a swagger that could take them pretty far.

Boston, our biggest threat in the east with the Wiz.

quote:

Boston, our biggest threat in the east with the Wiz.

Dunno, gotta disagree with both you guys. It's only game one, the Cavs are still the biggest challenge to a Magic ring. They have the best player in the world.

While the Wizards might be better this year. But I wouldnt worry about them. They dont have the fight, or the experience the Magic have. They wont even beat Cleveland in the playoffs.

They have no answer for Dwight Howard he will just crush them. Didnt he even get nearly a triple double on them last year? They dont have any one that can defend him.

Dont worry about the Wizards in the end they arent going anywhere.