Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Officially New Official Power Rankings Thread

I wonder if Lebron is going to shake the Celtics hand after he loses the first game of the year tonight?

Dont really care who win's or loses the Celtic/Cavs game tonight...atleast one of those teams will have one loss to start the season.

I'm not sure Boston deserves the higher ranking, here's why;

Orlando is not completely a shoe in on paper, but how the HELL do you rank Boston higher, if thier last meaningful game last year was a loss to the Cavs, who, went on to get beat by Orlando? It's pretty ridiculous. The higher ranking might be Orlando's to lose, but it's still thiers.

quote:
Originally posted by Superjudge:

I'm not sure Boston deserves the higher ranking, here's why;

Orlando is not completely a shoe in on paper, but how the HELL do you rank Boston higher, if thier last meaningful game last year was a loss to the Cavs, who, went on to get beat by Orlando? It's pretty ridiculous. The higher ranking might be Orlando's to lose, but it's still thiers.

No doubt SJ. I agree 100% icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

the majority seem to have us at #3 in the east and anywhere from 3-5 in the league. the focus seems to be on the celtics, cavs, and lakers again, which we certainly don't have any problems with

I'm perfectly ok with that.

Keep disrespecting this team. Sometime after the allstar break the media will start to pay attention to us when we are the top seed in the east and we're blowing other good teams away.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

the majority seem to have us at #3 in the east and anywhere from 3-5 in the league. the focus seems to be on the celtics, cavs, and lakers again, which we certainly don't have any problems with

I'm perfectly ok with that.

Keep disrespecting this team. Sometime after the allstar break the media will start to pay attention to us when we are the top seed in the east and we're blowing other good teams away.

absolutly no arguments here

#2 on ESPN.com [stein]

quote:
Can a team can make a statement with a road win at Toronto in the third game of the season? If so, this is what Orlando announced Sunday with Rashard, VC and Pietrus all missing: Deepest Team in the League!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...owerranking?team=orl

He'll update the actual page shortly.

#2 http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

quote:
Orlando (3-0)

Pace: 94.4 (19), Off: 120.1 (1), Def: 108.5 (21)

If the Orlando offense is this efficient without Rashard Lewis and without Vince Carter for a game and a half, they could be scary good, because the defense will come around. Two games against Detroit this week give them a chance to exorcise some demons.

Week 2 ESPN Power Rankings

quote:
#2 Magic: Can a team make a statement with a road win at Toronto in the third game of the season? If so, this is what Orlando announced Sunday with Rashard, VC and Pietrus all missing: Deepest Team in the League!

Top 10:

1. Celtics

2. Magic

3. Lakers

4. Nuggets

5. Mavericks

6. Spurs

7. Cavs

8. Hawks

9. Blazers

10. Suns

quote:
Originally posted by MightyMouse:

Gotta love Cavs drop to 15th in NBA.com rankings.

I agree but you have to take these early rankings with a grain of salt. Wait til 25+ games and then we'll have a more accurate assessment of our competitors and if we can grab the #1 spot. But I still hope they stay down in the teens all year and a shaqtus injury could do it.