Sign in to follow this  
Sir Raven

Lewis at the 3

I have insider information on lineups...

This is Stans plan for the season.

Step 1. Take 5 pieces of paper and number each piece 1-5.

Step 2. Fold said pieces of paper and place into a hat.

Step 3. Let each of the starting five draw a number. That shall determine their starting position for the game.

Step 4. Collect the numbered pieces of paper back from the players and place back into the hat.

Step 5. When putting another player in from the bench, have them select a number to determine what position they will play and who they will replace.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Still think it's a huge mistake if we don't start Bass at 4. Why not move Lewis back to his natural position? It makes to much sense. I have to think SVG will be thinking the same thing come playoff time.

Couldn't have said it better. Lewis can play both. It is a huge mistake not to just let Anderson and Bass share the 4.

This is the way I see it..

Howard Gortat

Anderson Bass

Lewis Barnes

Carter Peaches JJ

Nelson J Will AJ

I think you have to put Lewis at the 3. The problem is, if you start Lewis at the 4, it will cut down on playing time for either Anderson or Bass at the 4. One of those two would get the shaft, and never really play. They are both to good to ride the pine. That is why you have to put Lewis at the 3. That way Anderson would start at the 4, and Bass will be first of the bench. Anderson is just to good to not play. With Anderson as our starting 4, it makes Orlando imposible to guard again. Anderson, Lewis, Carter, and Nelson will be raining 3's. Plus having Anderson and Lewis starting gives us that 6-10 and over front line of 3 players that was so important for us last year. This line up will just kill Cleveland... Side show bob will have to try and guard Anderson at the 3 point line..which he showed he could not do aginst Lewis last year. Lebron will have to chose if he wants to guard Lewis or Carter. D. West or Parker will have to guard who ever James does not guard, and that player will have a field day.

Anderson starting is our best bet this year.

The only thing I don't like about Lewis at the 3 is him guarding othe 3's. That might be a problem. That might have been part of the problem with him in Seattle with Ray Allen. They can score points but with Lewis guarding 3's, their too quick for him. I wouldn't mind him playing there but I rather him play most of his minutes at the 4. No team can defend him at the 4 and not that many 4's go off on him. He's quick for his size and it leaves us with 4 shooters surrounding Howard. I think we should stay with what has been working for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

The only thing I don't like about Lewis at the 3 is him guarding othe 3's. That might be a problem. That might have been part of the problem with him in Seattle with Ray Allen. They can score points but with Lewis guarding 3's, their too quick for him. I wouldn't mind him playing there but I rather him play most of his minutes at the 4. No team can defend him at the 4 and not that many 4's go off on him. He's quick for his size and it leaves us with 4 shooters surrounding Howard. I think we should stay with what has been working for us.

To me, there just aren't that many true three's that I'm really concerned about Lewis being burned by. I think it's worse to have him get beat up inside. Plus, putting Bass inside makes us truly dominate down low versus any team in the league. We shouldn't pass that up.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Well. Shard defending other 3s cant be worse than Hedo gaurding the 3s.

Either way. Shard at the 3 or 4 is good.

that is so true

lewis has played 3 his whole carrer before Orlando... Him being there is not a problem...

I personally like seeing anderson on the court, from what i've seen, so I would not be surprised if we had anderson start at 4 with lewis as 3...

Howord/gortat

anderson/bass

lewis/barnes

carter/mp

Nelson/williams

Isnt it nice to have all of these different options..lol

Yes, completely agree why put Lewis at the 3 when we can have Bass / Anderson / Gortat and ofcourse Howard to fill the front line and completely dominate? Anderson can spread the D also and shoot mad 3s... So, i don't understand that argument about spreading the defense, we still would. also, like the other poster stated, whats the difference between having Lewis guard the other 3's vs. having Terk play D on the other 3's?

The only thing to me is, i would start Bass not Anderson.. But that's just me, they are pretty much on the same level of raw talent in my opinion, and both seem to be pretty athletic.

This is an argument of freeing up minutes for our new players specifically up front.. When someone talks about not liking Lewis at the 3 , are you sure you don't just mean "But lewis's playing time/touches will go down". So what? That's not what matters.