quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

they said lebron is a unselfish player

more foolishness.

in what sense are you referring? because in a basketball sense a player averaging upwards of 6 assists per game is not typically viewed as a selfish player...

true. but notice when it becomes crunch time he doesnt even look for teammates. now that may be due to poor coaching, (Mike Brown is the most overrated coach in the league) but all the same, i think that number is a little inflated by early situations and inferior competition.

how do you feel about Dwight Howard's rebounding and block totals? the player doing what he does or inferior competition?

interesting thought.....touche'

And in regards to the topic at hand, Chris Broussard's opinion matters about as much as the opinion of the guy sitting next to me in class. And he is asleep, drooling on his keyboard. Give me a quote from Stan Van Gundy or Otis Smith saying our match-up advantages are gone and then give me a call. Or text me, since that is apparently the only way to communicate in today's day and age.

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

a couple of things

isn't mr. anderson 6'11"? and can't he run? and can't he shoot lights out from three? and wasn't he acquired in the off season? i know he is not the type of player that hedo was for us but hes not chop liver and hes not done learning the game. i can totally see our depth allowing us to play a few styles of offense, one to compete with teams like boston and LA and another style to keep c town (and the prince) our female dog. an added benefit of using different line ups would be fresher bodies for the post season.

what i don't understand is that when we matched warlocks offer we kept a starting caliber center as a back up and got mixed reviews (mostly negative) but when the cavs trade for shaq they added a worn down 20 million dollar man and moved another worn down center with bad joints making $11.5 million to the bench and those guys are supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the magic?

magic centers = $21 million cavs centers = $31.5 million.

im not great at math and economics but let me get this straight paying $10.5 million more @ the position and getting half the quality in return makes them a better team? getting more bang for your buck is bad according to ESPN and its "experts"? I wonder how much Broussard and Simmons steal from espn?

Excellent point, Shaq is only going to play half the games as well. I think us losing Hedo's playmaking is equivalent to Shaq clogging the lane for Lebron. Everything else we acquired in the offseason is an upgrade over last seasons squad.

The more **** they talk about us the better, last years ECF had me on a high (till the Finals) because how much of an underdog they made us out to be. We all knew what was gonna happen.

Broussard wrote for the Plain Dealer, he's a natural Cleveland homer.

As for his comments, they're pretty stupid. It's a common oversight, but Dwight is the guy who really murdered the Cavs in that series. Lew and Hedo had a part but not nearly as significant as Dwight just owning whoever was on him. His quip about conventional ball is also retarded considering the Magic still have superior players in 4 out of 5 positions, not to mention they could always slide Rashard to the 3 and play Anderson if they wanted to go back to that style. Also LeBron guarded Alston much of the time in that series.

And Jamario Moon couldn't even get minutes on a terrible Heat team in the playoffs last year.

Did he just say that Jamario Moon would have changed the outcome of the eastern conference finals? I haven't laughed that hard in years!

Since when does Jamario Moon of all people impact the game or a series that much? Jesus christ, an episode of star trek is more plausible than that.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Did he just say that Jamario Moon would have changed the outcome of the eastern conference finals? I haven't laughed that hard in years!

Since when does Jamario Moon of all people impact the game or a series that much? Jesus christ, an episode of star trek is more plausible than that.

and to think, some people feel that playing AJ could have made a huge difference for Orlando in the Finals...

Why does everyone insist Hedo was so great in that Cleveland series? I dont remember that Hedo. I remember Lewis killing them, and Dwight, but not Hedo. Somehow Hedo has gotten the credit for all the Magic success.