Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

VC's playin' PG,SF - To make room for J.J.(pg. 2)

JJ is an insurance now in case if someone gets injured... same goes to Ryan Anderson...

If the magic can find a good deal before the trade deadline, expect one of them or maybe both to get traded

JJ will have a role once again because already Pietrus rolled his ankle. SVG has to have a back up plan for every time Pietrus has a hang nail and can't play.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

After the playoffs last year, I can accept Pietrus being injured all season, as long as he's ready for when it counts.

Lol..

It would be good to have Pietrus during the season anyway, seed matters.

I also hope these injures don't slow him down.

This season will also start with Shard out, so JJ should find a little time to play at least the first couple of games.

Ok I know this is the elephant in the room, but is VC's age not an issue at all?

The point sets the tone for the pace of our game, and the team that I watched last season played much more efficiently when the ball was being pushed and we were moving up and down quickly.

This was the biggest issue with AJ, as he would clog up the pace every time he ran the point...

So all I'm doing is merely posing the question of do we honestly believe VC has the physical energy and stamina to come in and be at the one spot for any extended period of time? Obviously he has the basketball IQ to do it, that is not the issue, but can he keep us at a pace we want to be? And especially when he can be so unquestionably effective at the two and three, why run so much energy and risk?

I mean...is everyone forgetting we have J Will?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

I'M A WHINY JJ HOMER WHO THINKS HE'S BEING CLEVER!

And you think you are the ultimate judge in who is clever and who isn't. What gives you the right to change my language. I didn't see that in the terms of service.

Are you too ignorant to understand satire, or just a pathetic loser who sits in his dark room with his computer just waiting for the opportunity to wield your vitriol?

You are the one who is whining. If you don't like my posts, just comment on them. No need to correct me.

What exactly was your post supposed to be a satire of?

This is the problem I have with ridiculous homers of any player, JJ or otherwise: you say your post is a "satire", and yet there has never been anyone, at any point since I joined this board, who has said anything remotely comparable to "I would rather the Magic lose than JJ get playing time."

And because no one has ever said that, your post isn't satire. Satire only works when there is something comparable in existence for it to work against.

Your post? That was just petulant whining.

I, that is to say, the person known on this board as Drunk on Mystery, think JJ is a 10th man at best, and we have more than enough people who can play the 2 that are better than JJ, to the point that JJ shouldn't be seeing playing time barring injuries to one of our other, superior players.

That's an opinion. But you'll notice that nowhere in that paragraph did I say anything remotely close to "I'd rather the team lose than JJ play". At best, what I said was comparable to: "I think the team is MORE LIKELY to lose if JJ plays", but then again, I explained why I hold that opinion. And given that this is a discussion forum, that's kind of the whole point.

You think JJ's jumpshot can cure cancer. Fine. I think that you'd have to be a moron to think JJ's jumpshot can cure cancer, but you're welcome to make an argument saying why you think that.

Just like I'm welcome to make a counter argument. That's how a discussion actually works.

But writing a post, childishly whining, in a completely transparent attempt to bait someone into an argument is pathetic, and frankly, you owe it to yourself to not stoop to that.

Or if you prefer: at worst, 2 people look bad here. You and me. I couldn't care less, since most of the board thinks I'm a racist hate monger anyway. You on the other hand, seem to want to fit in, at least with the other JJ homers; so you'd do well to keep the childish petulance to yourself.

At the end of the day, JJ hasn't gotten "major" playing time in 3 years under 2 different coaches, and I put major in quotes because he played over a 1000 minutes last year, and was below average at best. He had a shot and blew it. He was given another shot, and blew that one too.

And you see again: my saying those things isn't my saying "I want the Magic to lose if we play JJ". It was my saying: "JJ sucked, and contributed to us losing."

I know you can figure out the difference. I believe in you!

During year of my membership with this message board, I remember someone saying that they would rather the Magic lose to allow a specific player playing time.

quote:
Originally posted by HiitsJacob:

Ok I know this is the elephant in the room, but is VC's age not an issue at all?

The point sets the tone for the pace of our game, and the team that I watched last season played much more efficiently when the ball was being pushed and we were moving up and down quickly.

This was the biggest issue with AJ, as he would clog up the pace every time he ran the point...

So all I'm doing is merely posing the question of do we honestly believe VC has the physical energy and stamina to come in and be at the one spot for any extended period of time? Obviously he has the basketball IQ to do it, that is not the issue, but can he keep us at a pace we want to be? And especially when he can be so unquestionably effective at the two and three, why run so much energy and risk?

I mean...is everyone forgetting we have J Will?

well even if he fits the role hedo did, remember that hedo is only a year or so younger than vince, so it's not like we're asking someone with a drastic age difference to do something out of the box, but i thought about the same thing, considering our depth at the guard positions it shouldn't be too much of a deal. i'm sure behind jameer/williams, even barnes/vince there is someone like almond that can bring the ball up the floor, jj too.... eh. and it's not like aj is a bad pg, i mean we did get to the finals with him as our backup.. back to the point, i don't think the load will be entirely on vince, and considering hedo's age, it shouldn't bring up too many issues.