Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

The Events Center Ready For 2010 NBA Finals???

Here is a thought. Do you think the Magic would take the NBA Finals to the New Events Center in 2010 if it is ready and the Magic make it to the finals? I went by there yesterday and the thing looks like it is so close to having all the outside skin going on. I know the plan was to get the skin on by hurricane season and they work around the clock. So I am just curious what Magic fans would think if it was ready by the playoffs, would you think Ownership would push to have the playoffs or the finals played in the new place???

Here is a thought. Do you think the Magic would take the NBA Finals to the New Events Center in 2010 if it is ready and the Magic make it to the finals? I went by there yesterday and the thing looks like it is so close to having all the outside skin going on. I know the plan was to get the skin on by hurricane season and they work around the clock. So I am just curious what Magic fans would think if it was ready by the playoffs, would you think Ownership would push to have the playoffs or the finals played in the new place???

There is no way that building will be ready to go by May or June.

If it was, the answer would still be no. Building inspectors for every government that applies has to give the building a full inspection before they'll let them use the building for anything, and there is no way, even if the building was done 6 to 7 months ahead of schedule, that they could get the building inspected, certified, and all the appropriate red tape cleared in time.

They said they want it fully enclosed before january 1st, but like previously said, even though the arena would be mostly ready by May or June (which I highly doubt), they wouldn't move the Finals there if we were in the Finals.

Regarding the Amway Center. Are the webcams or daily pictures of it down on the website? I haven't been able to see it lately. I wanna see the current status of it.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Regarding the Amway Center. Are the webcams or daily pictures of it down on the website? I haven't been able to see it lately. I wanna see the current status of it.

No, they're still live...it looks GREAT! (I recommend going back a couple hours to see it in daytime.)

http://amwaycenter.com/live_video/

But let me ask you this, Faux Hawk:

WHY ON EARTH would anyone NOT want to have the final games in the O-Rena be FINALS Games?!?

There is no better way to send off a building than with a championship.

As said above, there's no way it's ready. But even if it were ready, I wouldn't wanna move in! I'd wanna finish the season in the O-Rena and win a TITLE in the O-Rena!

For some ODD reason I can't see siht there. Not even a prompt that I need a plug or a special player. Weird!

And yes, I would want to say goodbye to the O-Rena with a championship!

It's a far way from being done in June, the outside does usually go up fast...as mentioned before the inside has a lot of work to be done still.

either way we are about a year away from debuting it so not that long again guys!