Sign in to follow this  
I love my PTSD.

Ohio Trip

IMO Shaq will not be able to keep pace with Dwight for extended periods of time because Shaq is just to old and Dwight is only 23. Also, Shaq's and Lebron's massive egos are going to clash and I suspect that James is once again going to complain that no one is helping him out. Shaq has already said that he wants to be on the Lakers, so how loyal will he be to the Cavs. The Original is worried that Cavs cannot beat the Magic and his worry is justified.

The elite moment in sports is the development of rivalries.

While you would think that the Heat should have developed into our natural rival, it just hasn't caught on.

So if a rivalry can truly develop between these two teamss, then it is great for both teams and the NBA. So let the trash talking happen. Feed the alligator.

And lack of proximity does not negate the opportunity for a bitter rivalry. Cowboys/Redskins and Laker/Celtics are still 2 of the best.

Besides, the state of Ohio has never hated anything outside of the state of Michigan. It'll be good experience for them.

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

Last year was a season of mismatches.

If the Cavs play Boston, CLE wins

If the Cavs play Orlando, Orlando wins

if Orlando plays a healthy BOS, BOS wins.

LOL.

whoever said that? you? or the same "experts" who predicted that the cavs would own last year?

that whole mismatch thing wasn't even discussed all through out the regular season.

hell it wasn't even discussed before the ECF.

Just because the experts don't mention it doesn't mean it wasn't discussed extensively among others.

Most knowledgeable basketball fans knew we gave Cleveland some serious fits, and those same ones also knew that we matched up horribly against Boston.

That has changed somewhat over the offseason, but it still doesn't deny the fact that those mismatches existed, and to some extent, still do today.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

quote:

Last year was a season of mismatches.

If the Cavs play Boston, CLE wins

If the Cavs play Orlando, Orlando wins

if Orlando plays a healthy BOS, BOS wins.

LOL.

whoever said that? you? or the same "experts" who predicted that the cavs would own last year?

that whole mismatch thing wasn't even discussed all through out the regular season.

hell it wasn't even discussed before the ECF.

Just because the experts don't mention it doesn't mean it wasn't discussed extensively among others.

Most knowledgeable basketball fans knew we gave Cleveland some serious fits, and those same ones also knew that we matched up horribly against Boston.

That has changed somewhat over the offseason, but it still doesn't deny the fact that those mismatches existed, and to some extent, still do today.

I completely agree with this. Because isn't that really what the NBA is primitively all about in the most important parts? It's all about match ups, which is what I feel sets the Magic apart from so many teams, and even more so with the offseason signings.

I also believe that maybe the ONLY thing espn was correct about last season in the topic of the Magic is that it most definitely would have been a different game is Boston had Garnett, but I believe a scoop of yogurt could also make that same evaluation.

But again, our offseason trades and signings will greatly improve our matchups with Boston when they have KG. But Rasheed on the other hand...he may be getting older, but he obviously knows how to win against us.

And to not turn this thread into a discussion about Boston matchups...

If some guy came up to me in my city after say the Magic lost to them in the playoffs, and told me to shake their hand with some smart A comment...I would not take that lightly. And with how horrible Cavs fans can be, you must have gotten a nice one for not getting into a fairly serious (physical) altercation.

quote:
Originally posted by HiitsJacob:

If some guy came up to me in my city after say the Magic lost to them in the playoffs, and told me to shake their hand with some smart A comment...I would not take that lightly. And with how horrible Cavs fans can be, you must have gotten a nice one for not getting into a fairly serious (physical) altercation.

A fairly large portion of our population has the ability to carry on civil conversation, complete with some good natured ribbing, particularly on the subject of sports. Especially the slightly older crowd who frequent the same establishment on a regular basis for their morning coffee.

I'm sure the OP didn't just walk to someone and say "Shake my hand, oh, that's right, you guys don't do that up here, you just lose and walk away". It was most likely over the course of a conversation or two and done in a joking manner common in such conversations.

You know I personally think LeBron's Hype has really been bad for the rest of Cleveland. He's brought in so many idiot fan's behind him who know next to nothing about their team and only know about the finer points of how to be on his jock.

Some of the best fans I've been around are Cleveland Brown fans and Cleveland Indian fans (especially when they came down to play the Marlins in the world series). Nothing but a bunch of good natured classy guys who understood the game and their team and gave respect to their opponent when it was do. I'm sure the Cavs used to probably be that way...

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

You know I personally think LeBron's Hype has really been bad for the rest of Cleveland. He's brought in so many idiot fan's behind him who know next to nothing about their team and only know about the finer points of how to be on his jock.

Some of the best fans I've been around are Cleveland Brown fans and Cleveland Indian fans (especially when they came down to play the Marlins in the world series). Nothing but a bunch of good natured classy guys who understood the game and their team and gave respect to their opponent when it was do. I'm sure the Cavs used to probably be that way...

While that is true, I hope you're not referring to me about that because you couldn't be further from the truth.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

While that is true, I hope you're not referring to me about that because you couldn't be further from the truth.

You never once even crossed my mind.

I hold no ill will to anyone on this board. Yes even DoM, PEC, and MacMan. I love you guys you hear me!!!!. I'm going for a no attack on any board member for this entire season movement.

Japanese language is stressing me out enough as it is...

quote:

haha, thanks.

you studying abroad in Japan or something?

no im taking japanese at UCF. Planing on heading over to teach english in Japan once i graduate next summer. both my girl and I are gonna spend prolly a year or two over there.