Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld ranks NBA PG's-Jameer not top 12- Disrespect?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

Sometimes I think you post the most outlandish thing that pops into your head just to get a reaction.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

The problem is that the writer doesn't set a criteria for evaluating these players. He put a lot of guys on that list based on reputation alone. Rondo shouldn't be that high on the list. Rose has shown flashes but shouldn't be that high yet.

Meer gets put that low because the last time people saw him he was playing poorly. The last time they saw rondo he was getting triple doubles. Same with Rose.

If you're not going to judge them by, "What have you done for me lately?" how are you going to evaluate them?

if you evaluate them by what have you done for me lately then arenas, baron, and kidd shouldn't be ahead of jameer.

If you evaluate them by what they've done up to this point in their career then the list should be formed differently. For example, the writer uses steve nash's back to back MVP's as justification of putting him in the top 5, then uses the post season as a way to justify Rondo's spot.

i agree with the top 4 steve nash no way i really thought rose did a great job at chicago or even hate to say this rondo. these two took thier teams deep in to the play offs.

i think with jameer droping out it was case based on his perfromane in the the finals. i believe motivation will be gained from this.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I think if anybody thinks Rajon Rondo is a better basketball player than Jameer Nelson, then you shouldn't be writing about basketball

if they were the same type of player then you would have that comparison

rondo is a dirty thug

meer is a passionate player

you cant compaire that

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

you make it seem like SA has a bunch of scrubs. Carried the Spurs by himself! I laugh at that statement. Who is Tim Duncan??? Manu still played 44 games, and they have roger mason who is a great complimentary player. Not to mention a bench that includes Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas, and George Hill (who kept them alive while parker was injured early).

Duncan missed a lot of time and was playing hurt all season, he was not himself. Manu as you stated missed half the season and was playing hurt the majority of the season. Mason? I knew who he was last year, maybe you did too but I doubt many did other than Spurs fans. Look at the other guys you mentioned. Their were tons more teams that were healthy who had more talent who did not play as well as the Spurs. I saw Parker win tons of games without Duncan and Ginobli. How would we have looked without Dwight and Turk in the West? Not good at all, it also has to do with Pops as the coach though.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

Ok you're not a Spurs fan? are you?

Chris Paul as the best point guard in the league is a GIVEN.

And about you taking Rondo over Jameer anyday, I guess I can understand that. But Rondo CANT shoot if his life depended on it. Horrific 3 pt shooter.

Yeah he can't shoot from downtown no doubt, but he has improved a lot every year. I would take Rondo at this point, but if Meer can get better defensively and play a full year like last I would struggle with who to choose. I just think Rondo does more well than Meer. You really think Paul is hands down the best? I can see why, I just think Parker is much better offensively,runs an offense just as well, and dominates in the playoffs.

As far as being a Spurs fan if I could watch one team other than Orlando hands down it would be the Spurs, I like fundamental basketball, not all the flashy stuff,they play the right way IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

i agree with the top 4 steve nash no way i really thought rose did a great job at chicago or even hate to say this rondo. these two took thier teams deep to the play offs.

i think with jameer droping out it was case based on his perfromane in the the finals. i believe motivation will be gained from this.

Deep meaning the first and second round?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Sometimes I think you post the most outlandish thing that pops into your head just to get a reaction.

I said Rondo was better right now than Meer, and that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league, hardly seems outlandish.

Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan: As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east,I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

Big Suprise. I am confused, The Celtics is your team. Yes, VAbchmagicfan, Rondo is Sexy.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

i agree with the top 4 steve nash no way i really thought rose did a great job at chicago or even hate to say this rondo. these two took thier teams deep to the play offs.

Deep meaning the first and second round?

im giving rose some extra credit all those over time games in the boston v chicago series made it so long it may as well gone into the second round.