Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld ranks NBA PG's-Jameer not top 12- Disrespect?

Although here is a link from ESPN that shows Jameer's PER ranking before he got hurt last year...as you will see he is/was top 5...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...&pos=pg&seasonType=2

In this link from HoopsWorld he is not rated in the top 12...he is listed in the caregory other notables that missed the cut.

Click the link to see the 12 PG's listed ahead of Jameer...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13673

Is this disrespectful for a guy that was an all-star last year?...Is this ranking deserved or undeserved?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think Jameer needs to stay healthy to get the respect his play warrants.

Gilbert Arenas had no problem getting on the list and he didn't play last season..

It is a tough list to make, but Jameer should be in the 6-10 range.

I think I would him above Rondo and Calderon, but the truth is that he only had one half of an all-star season. His first few years in the league where not stellar. Then he gets injured and comes back for the final but doesn't deliver to the same level. People only remember the last half of the season. The first half is forgotten quickly.

If he can prove that it wasnt a fluke, that he can be an all-star PG(meaning in production and play not being a real all-star) for a full year he'll be up there next year.

I don't know if it's disrespect or not, but Meer has been really good for half a season. If he stays healthy this season and produces as he did prior to his injury last season, he will be rated as a top 10 PG, no doubt about that.

But he hasn't had the chance to show off his game for more than half a season and before that he was a mediocre PG and many users on this board wanted to trade him.

If he keeps his game up and even improves it, top 10 and even top 5-6 some day.

I love it! I'm sure Meer will use this as motivation and play as good as he played last season and hopefully he'll play the entire season.

Calderon? Really? I'd put Felton ahead of Calderon, and definitely Jameer.

Ellis? The shooting guard? Jason Terry should be on the list before he is.

And did he really call Arenas 'Gillie the Gangster'?

Baron Davis isn't relevant anymore. Jason Kidd is because he's milking his last shot at something great. I don't care that Jameer isn't being fussed over. Leave the chip on his shoulder.

The problem is that the writer doesn't set a criteria for evaluating these players. He put a lot of guys on that list based on reputation alone. Rondo shouldn't be that high on the list. Rose has shown flashes but shouldn't be that high yet.

Meer gets put that low because the last time people saw him he was playing poorly. The last time they saw rondo he was getting triple doubles. Same with Rose.