Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld ranks NBA PG's-Jameer not top 12- Disrespect?

Jameer has always had to work hard for any level of respect that comes his way.

I expect all star level performance from him this coming season and into the future.

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

In the comments, I loled.

quote:
posted By Keith, 26 August 2009 8:58:08 AM

So Mo Williams was an Allstar and doesn't even make the Top 12?! I call BS!

quote:
posted By Jameer nelson, 26 August 2009 9:15:02 AM

Hey Keith!! Mo williams isnt even a true point guard(and he's reallly not that great give anyone the shots he gets and they have a decent ppg).. and he only made the all star game becuase i got hurt. and im not mad i didnt make it.. there's tons of talent at the pg spot in this league.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

Ok you're not a Spurs fan? are you?

Chris Paul as the best point guard in the league is a GIVEN.

And about you taking Rondo over Jameer anyday, I guess I can understand that. But Rondo CANT shoot if his life depended on it. Horrific 3 pt shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I think if anybody thinks Rajon Rondo is a better basketball player than Jameer Nelson, then you shouldn't be writing about basketball

I would take Rondo over Nelson, to me without Dwight Nelson is not that good. With Rondo he does not need anybody else, he carried the Celts durring some games.

quote:

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

you make it seem like SA has a bunch of scrubs. Carried the Spurs by himself! I laugh at that statement. Who is Tim Duncan??? Manu still played 44 games, and they have roger mason who is a great complimentary player. Not to mention a bench that includes Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas, and George Hill (who kept them alive while parker was injured early).

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

The problem is that the writer doesn't set a criteria for evaluating these players. He put a lot of guys on that list based on reputation alone. Rondo shouldn't be that high on the list. Rose has shown flashes but shouldn't be that high yet.

Meer gets put that low because the last time people saw him he was playing poorly. The last time they saw rondo he was getting triple doubles. Same with Rose.

If you're not going to judge them by, "What have you done for me lately?" how are you going to evaluate them?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

Ok you're not a Spurs fan? are you?

Chris Paul as the best point guard in the league is a GIVEN.

And about you taking Rondo over Jameer anyday, I guess I can understand that. But Rondo CANT shoot if his life depended on it. Horrific 3 pt shooter.

Tony Parker is awesome on offense. He's dominant with his speed.

I think Paul is overrated, but that's just me.