Sign in to follow this  
135BPM+

Do Board members REALLY think Barnes is that good

I would've put up magic highlights on Redick but sense he hasn't recieved a better opportunity there are none. Just sad but this guy will get a chance with some other team.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I would've put up magic highlights on Redick but sense he hasn't recieved a better opportunity there are none.

Why do you think it is that Redick hasn't "received a better opportunity"?

What do you consider a better opportunity? He's had plenty of time to show his worth. It is marginal at best.

DOM, I didn't think that my remarks to you would persuade you to change. Just a pipedream, I guess. My arrogance to think that people would be happy to see you make your last post is my perception that people are tired, like me, of your condescending posts that belittle people in a very arrogant way. Oh gee, I guess I was wrong and your posts like these are what most people can't live without. LOL.

Why people don't understand the NBA is not the 12 and under Y league I have no idea. JJ is not a charity. He does not deserve playing time because you perceive him to be better than he is or you remember his glory days at Duke.

He has played for 2 coaches one of whom is a top 5 coach in the WORLD. If he had a use for JJ we would have seen it by now. No one is out to get him.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

DOM, I didn't think that my remarks to you would persuade you to change. Just a pipedream, I guess. My arrogance to think that people would be happy to see you make your last post is my perception that people are tired, like me, of your condescending posts that belittle people in a very arrogant way. Oh gee, I guess I was wrong and your posts like these are what most people can't live without. LOL.

What people?

Seriously, name 20. Given that there are over 3500 registered members, that shouldn't be difficult, right?

But more importantly, and this is really important, so I'll bold it for you: I would struggle to find a way to care less about your opinion of me than I currently do.

Glad that's all cleared up.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

No I will not pretend to be stupider about basketball than someone who thinks JJ Redick has trade value and should be starting.

Thanks, I had to stab my brain into silence.

Posted by Dom towards me:

quote:
I would struggle to find a way to care less about your opinion of me than I currently do.

That is my whole argument. You summed it all up right there. Thanks. You couldn't care less about my opinion because it does not equal yours.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

No I will not pretend to be stupider about basketball than someone who thinks JJ Redick has trade value and should be starting.

Stupider is the correct usage. What's the issue, Hutch?

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
But to simply give Barnes a pass and say he will be playing in front of Redick even though we have never seen Barnes in Stan's system and knowing Barnes background can only be because you hate JJ Redick and in your mind he will always suck no matter what. In terms of Keith Bogans and Courtney Lee, they had there moments just like JJ in terms of good productive moments on the court and moments where they stunk it up, but the bottom line to me was there was very little difference between the three.

This whole paragraph is just absurd. By your logic, you thinking that JJ will play ahead of Barnes must mean that you hate Matt Barnes. Do you see how stupid that is? Barnes has started for the last two teams he has played for. It really isn't that crazy of an assumption to think he may start for the Magic.

As for your belief that there is no difference between JJ and Courtney Lee....just wow. I don't think there is any hope for you.

Theres a BIGGGG difference between JJ and Courtney Lee.

AS I siad Redick, Lee and Bogans all had their moments where they played well and all had their moments where they stunk it up. The effectiveness of the role player is in the eye of the fan. That the reason there is very little debate between whether Gortat should be playing in front of Dwight. It is obvious that there is no debate there. The role players are a different matter. For my entertainment dollar I will still take Redick.

how a slower person that can't jump as high holds more entertainment than a quick rookie that at some point had a dunk on lebron makes me think that your lying about what you were trying to tell me, you would sell your mother to see jj on the floor and your a few posts away from having everyone know for a fact that you...and pec for that matter, have never picked up a basketball in your life, let alone played any sort of ball.

and we've seen barnes play in a system like stan's, not exactly like it, but golden state has a very similar ball playing style, if you would pay attention to anything else in the nba other than jj you would know. barnes and peitrus did well in that system, and it's not a concidence that when otis came to orlando from golden state, our style of play changed to something that resembled golden state's style of play.... i think i said that simply enough for you.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

Stupider is the correct usage. What's the issue, Hutch?

There are words in the English language that make me cringe, that being one.