Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Is Durant going to be Better than LeBron?

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

well you can GET a body, you cant GET talent..

so if he can GET a ripped body...he has the talent to be GREAT/wadelike/bronlike/kobelike..

dont get me wrong..i could care less about durant or his team..im a magic fan, but I have a good feeling durant will be GREAT...and on his way to greatness I wont care at all cause ill be watchin the magic..

just wait n see though.

I have a feeling hes gonna have a MONSTER season..

Durant last year: 25.3 PTS, 6.5 RPG, 2.8 APG

LeBron's 2nd year: 27.2 PTS, 7.4 RPG, 7.2 APG

LeBron posted a PER of 25.7 that year, Durant posted a 20.9 last year, which isn't that much bigger than LeBron's 18.3 in his rookie season.

Obviously, Durant is a much better shooter than LeBron. However, LeBron annihilates Durant in every other category you can think of. Like you said, you can't get talent, like the talent to be a play-maker which Durant will never be.

Lebron is better than Durant and probably he will be for years.

James is the most complete player in the league for a long time. we only talk about skills on BB. We know how stupid Lebron is off the court.

Durant is a better shooter than James, nothign more.

Durant is an incredible talent and as has been said a few times here a better shooter than LeBron but for overall game, LeBron walks it. But even if Durant got close I'm not sure ESPN would let us belive it possible

Durant is a much better offensive player, skill-wise. But that's about it. Give Durant the pure athleticism that Lebron has and he'd be a much better player..but he doesn't have that and probably never will.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

Durant is a much better offensive player, skill-wise. But that's about it. Give Durant the pure athleticism that Lebron has and he'd be a much better player..but he doesn't have that and probably never will.

Did you say K.D is a MUCH!!!! better offensive, player than L.J? and what the heck does skill-wise mean? is that even a word? Whats with the give Durant L.J's atheticism and he would be better comparision, it makes no sense and is totally hypothetical. Its like saying Give L.J's all Donald Trumps money and watch him become a real estate icon.

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

well you can GET a body, you cant GET talent..

so if he can GET a ripped body...he has the talent to be GREAT/wadelike/bronlike/kobelike..

dont get me wrong..i could care less about durant or his team..im a magic fan, but I have a good feeling durant will be GREAT...and on his way to greatness I wont care at all cause ill be watchin the magic..

just wait n see though.

I have a feeling hes gonna have a MONSTER season..

This is completely false. Are you telling me that human beings have an innate ability to play basketball? You are completely ignorant if you think for one second that it is easier to get to be an atheletic freak than it is to become an extremely talented basketball player. Why? Because Durant can't ever be as big as Lebron. There are thousands of kids who can shoot, dribble, pass with the best of them, but only a handful will ever reach the level of atheletic uniqueness featured in the top basketball players of all time. That very well may be the dumbest post I have ever read on this board that Durant's basketball talent is less attainable than Lebron's atheletic ability because Lebron was born an atheletic freak and if your not born one, good luck becoming one. Durant doesn't have some biological advantage because the kid can shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

I really hate this point. Skills are only gained through necessity. Lebron, at no stage in his basketball career, ever needed a jumpshot. He never faced opposition that was bigger and faster so an off-balance 20 foot fade away has never been featured in his game. The fact that he never had to resort to a wide variety of moves makes him a superior offensive player to Durant, by a ton

simply no

stern and espn wont allow it

and if durant dose somthing then some footage of lebron doing it better will arise