Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

Cutting to the chase,..

If he doesn't step it up he's not only not getting his qualifying offer clause picked up by Oct 31st.

But beyond that he's on the verge of finding himself entirely out of the league if he doesn't.

I'd like to work with him because he has potential and there doesn't appear to be much quit in him.

But he's going to have to improve on working on getting his shot off in rhythm and setting his looks up off getting the angles off how the play is flowing.

He doesn't seem to recognize what he's seeing / what defenders are showing as quickly as he should. Therefore he's not stepping into releasing his shot with any real confidence to make them pay when he gets his touches.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i watched almost every game that jj played his last year at duke. he took so many incredible shots with defenders all over him. to shoot 44% was something to see. now in the nba he has had to change because it is surely a different game. only a few become stars. his shooting has not been up to his standards and it may never be. i do believe he will find a spot to play with some team this year just not the magic. i also think most of his fans are not "fanatic, clueless, know nothing about basketball, etc.". so those of you who continue to do so, get over it. for the most part i enjoy this board but please respect everyone's opinion. thanks. jacklj

So the next time Junkie starts a thread you aren't going to have one of your patented Jacklj mini-meltdowns? You preach one thing and then do another.

i am sorry emory but some days bj just gets under my skin. maybe it's the beer i just do not know. does anyone effect you like that? i will try to control myself!!!!!!!!!!!!ha.jacklj

First, this is from Alex Kennedy...the guy that does the Watson interviews with his agent...

quote:

4) Redick likely isn't going anywhere. Otis won't involve him in the talks.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...5&t=935008&start=135

Next we have a chat question from Tommy Beer...

quote:

Jamel in Chapel Hill, NC:

Since Orlando is interested in Chris Duhon, what about a trade of Chris Duhon for JJ Redick, assuming the Knicks ink Sessions.

Thomas Beer:

Nah - the numbers don't match up. Duhon is making 5 million and JJ is only at $2.8. But it does make some sense considering the Magic need a backup PG (Duhon would be a great fit there) and the Knicks need some peremiter shooters...

This is abig year for Redick, he needs to prove he can be a consistent, productive NBA player. He took some steps forward in the playoffs - let's see if he can pick up. Assuming they'll rest VC more than they did Turk, and C Lee is in New Jersey - he could see some extra minutes.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=422

John Hollinger said this...

quote:

The one reason for misgiving is a lack of backcourt depth after the trades of Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee to New Jersey; now Mickael Pietrus is a likely starter and J.J. Redick and Anthony Johnson will have to play major minutes.

Finally, I have a source that is pretty close to Otis himself...when I asked him about trading J.J. his response was, "why trade a shooter"?..."You can never have enough of those guys"...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

First, this is from Alex Kennedy...the guy that does the Watson interviews with his agent...

quote:

4) Redick likely isn't going anywhere. Otis won't involve him in the talks.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...5&t=935008&start=135

Next we have a chat question from Tommy Beer...

quote:

Jamel in Chapel Hill, NC:

Since Orlando is interested in Chris Duhon, what about a trade of Chris Duhon for JJ Redick, assuming the Knicks ink Sessions.

Thomas Beer:

Nah - the numbers don't match up. Duhon is making 5 million and JJ is only at $2.8. But it does make some sense considering the Magic need a backup PG (Duhon would be a great fit there) and the Knicks need some peremiter shooters...

This is abig year for Redick, he needs to prove he can be a consistent, productive NBA player. He took some steps forward in the playoffs - let's see if he can pick up. Assuming they'll rest VC more than they did Turk, and C Lee is in New Jersey - he could see some extra minutes.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=422

John Hollinger said this...

quote:

The one reason for misgiving is a lack of backcourt depth after the trades of Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee to New Jersey; now Mickael Pietrus is a likely starter and J.J. Redick and Anthony Johnson will have to play major minutes.

Finally, I have a source that is pretty close to Otis himself...when I asked him about trading J.J. his response was, "why trade a shooter"?..."You can never have enough of those guys"...

I hate when people say "this is a big year for JJ" They have been saying every single year after his rookie season.

Everyone needs to take a break and stop the TRADE REDICK hysteria.Otis has shown no indication that he is interested in moving Reddick. Why would he move a weapon that he knows was productive during the playoffs. I sure he expects the new signees to come in and produce but its no way to know how they will perform until he actually sees what kind of team chemistry is developed.

Tyler_Hansbrough-Greg_Paulus_Fight.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Everyone needs to take a break and stop the TRADE REDICK hysteria.Otis has shown no indication that he is interested in moving Reddick. Why would he move a weapon that he knows was productive during the playoffs. I sure he expects the new signees to come in and produce but its no way to know how they will perform until he actually sees what kind of team chemistry is developed.

Am i missing something here? jj didn't make shots and he only played significant minutes in one series against an ice cold ray allen. how does that constitute a weapon. youre drunk on that jj juice again lil' buddy.

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

quote:

Am i missing something here? jj didn't make shots and he only played significant minutes in one series against an ice cold ray allen. how does that constitute a weapon. youre drunk on that jj juice again lil' buddy.

Ice cold Ray Allen? I am not a JJ lover like a lot of people here, but Ray Ray was coming off a 51 point performance and then a 23 point performance before he faced the magic. Give JJ some credit!

Ok I'm confused now. That article said that most likely Pietrus will be the starter and Redick will back him up. Does that mean Pietrus will be starting at the 2 moving Carter to the 3? I hope this is not true. Cause if they plan on playing Redick more than Barnes then that's a problem. And why would you move Carter to the 3 if he did ok at the 2 last season and previous seasons before that? And what is this crap about RESTING Carter like Turkoglu? Not saying this can't work cause it can but we doing all this just to get Redick more playing time. This will kill Barnes minutes if we extend Redick minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

quote:

Ice cold Ray Allen? I am not a JJ lover like a lot of people here, but Ray Ray was coming off a 51 point performance and then a 23 point performance before he faced the magic. Give JJ some credit!

This is Ray Allen were talking about. This guy was missing a lot of shots when he played us. Had nothing to do with Redick's defense. Allen was missing everything even wide open shots. Redick played ok defense but Allen basically played defense on himself for missing all them shots. Its like he shutdown himself. Redick shouldn't get too much credit for that.

So now Carter is going to be our small forward. WOW!!!!!! Redick better take advantage of this opportunity and stop missing open 3 pointers. Barnes will not play that many minutes now.