Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
There is technically no better shooter of the 3 pointer in the NBA than JJ Redick.

Do you just make crap up as you go along? There is no evidence, at all, to support this claim.

tech?ni?cal??/?t?kn?k?l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tek-ni-kuhl] Show IPA

Use technically in a Sentence

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

quote:

quote:
There is technically no better shooter of the 3 pointer in the NBA than JJ Redick.

Do you just make crap up as you go along? There is no evidence, at all, to support this claim.

quote:

After all, I've yet to see Morrow, Nelson, or Murphy with there own video on SHOOTING TECHNIQUE.

Uhhhh.

His technique got him to be 65th in the league in 3pt shooting, as brilliantly stated above.

I don't care if his technique is solid or not. I don't care if his jumpshot is pretty. I care if the ball goes in the hoop.

You are crazy. Just FYI.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It took JJ 2+ years to earn minutes with Stan because it took JJ 2+ years to get to a point where he was not a complete defensive liability. That's it.

Now, as for the bold text above. SERIOUSLY? You say it's just speculation for someone to say that they know Bass will be more effective than Battie or Barnes will be more effective than JJ, but then you turn around and say that VC is a definite upgrade over Turk? Why? Because you agree with one point and disagree with the others does not make the same stupid logic you used in one case non-existent in the other. There are plenty of Turk fans (probably on the Raptors forum by now, thank god [little G since it is not a specific god, but just any god in general]) that would disagree with you and say that Turk proved himself in Stan's system and that Carter has not. It's one thing to voice an opinion, but you are lambasting a group of people for their poor logic in their opinions, then turn around and contradict yourself in the very next thought.

I agree with you that it took JJ 2 seasons to get to the point that he was not a defensive liability. The point is HE IS NOW PRETTY MUCH PAST THAT POINT and is a pretty (not great) but decent defender. Stan gave him a shot at starting last season because of his offensive capibilities even though Stan knew he was a defensive liability but thought his offensive produtivity would outweigh his poor defense and JJ lost out to Lee because he could not make an open shot. However, due to losing his spot to Lee, JJ has now worked on and improved his D dramaticly. Do you really think Redick's poor shooting woes are going to continue? I don't. I see JJ regaining his shot over the summer and along with his newfound improvrd defense, he will push for 20-25 mins a game this season.

As for my Turk vs. VC comparison, you're right. Its just my opinion that VC is an upgrade over Turk and its no more than pure spectulation. Just like its pure spectulation that Barnes, Bass and Anderson will be an upgrade over Lee, Skip and Battee within Stan's system. I disagree with bravlady that we have taken 20 steps backward but I am concerned about possible chemistry issues. I think Stan will search and find the correct rotation and everyone will be given a fair opportunity. One thing we all know. You don't preform, Stan will give you the hook.

GO MAGIC!!!

The only way that JJ plays 25 minutes in a game with our roster is if we have 2 of guards on the disabled list.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

JJ is not a decent defender. Just because Stan had him chase Ray Allen around screens doesn't mean he's a decent defender.

JJ is not the first player to have trouble adapting his shot after adding weight and muscle; and I am sure he won't be the last. Prior to last year, I don't think JJ would have been able to stay close enough to bother Ray after chasing him around screens. This time, he did. I think anyone who can't recognize that he has been working hard to improve on his weaknesses, with some success, just has their own reason for disliking him. Personally, I respect that he is a hard-working guy who is driven to improve. I don't see much potential upside to his game. He will probably be able to lock his shot back in, as his form really is text-book; but I don't think he will ever be more than a 9th or 10th man on a good team.

while I dont believe that redick is the best 3 point shooter in the league technically speaking or otherwise...I believe he has one of if not the best looking shots in the league. There is a big difference though. And, if he can improve his three point shot averages even just a little bit, then I dont see why a slight increase in mpg is that unrealistic. Personally, I dont want VC playing more than 30-32 mpg anyway, especially in the first half of the season. And unless Redick completely sucks it he is our backup sg.