Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

It's interesting that BJ hates JJ so much, yet always makes topics about him..........

I seriously doubt BJ hates JJ. Just take a look at his sig..

P.S. I hope you were being sarcastic icon_biggrin.gif

I think that this is a good post by BJ. Someone can dislike a player. Just don't throw hate out there.

Not a good reply by Nick Anderson. Throw an intelligent argument at the discussion. We all know you hate Redick.

I believe that Stan and Otis may not know exactly what they are going to do with Redick.

They probably have several options depending on how things go this year. It may just come down to how the SG's play vs how the PG's play. Also what position Pietrus plays.

quote:
Originally posted by Charlston Campos:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

It's interesting that BJ hates JJ so much, yet always makes topics about him..........

I seriously doubt BJ hates JJ. Just take a look at his sig..

P.S. I hope you were being sarcastic icon_biggrin.gif

Hey I for one love BJ's sig. But then again I never read the type at the bottom. lol

Before Otis went on a spending spree, things were looking up for JJ in Orlando. I imagine he's back to crossing off days on the calender until he can bolt.

Unless Otis can add value for him through a trade, milking another year out of him before letting him walk is good for depth.

Same lame argument, different day! The naysayers said JJ wouldn't get any PT last season and he became an asset when SVG's back was against the wall. I believe the Magic took 10 steps forward during last season and this off season took 20 steps backwards. They are now 2 seasons from getting any where near the finals. The championship chemistry they built this past season is now gone and it will take at least another season to find it and build on it. Too many new players will have to learn the SVG way and that is not easy to do. JJ's not going any where too soon. At least until SVG figures out what he's got or rather what he doesn't have.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Same lame argument, different day! The naysayers said JJ wouldn't get any PT last season and he became an asset when SVG's back was against the wall. I believe the Magic took 10 steps forward during last season and this off season took 20 steps backwards. They are now 2 seasons from getting any where near the finals. The championship chemistry they built this past season is now gone and it will take at least another season to find it and build on it. Too many new players will have to learn the SVG way and that is not easy to do. JJ's not going any where too soon. At least until SVG figures out what he's got or rather what he doesn't have.

Excellent post,

It took JJ the better part of 2 seasons to learn to fit into Stan's system. Stan has stated how impressed he is in Redick's improvement and how pleased he was in JJ's performance during the playoffs. I'll be the first to say that JJ is no ALL STAR at this time but neither are Barnes, Bass, or Anderson and these guys have not played one possession within Stan's system. Every post that is made about the DEFINITE impact these any of these new signees will bring is pure spectulation. Although I do feel that VC is an upgrade over Turk I think it defintely remains to be seen if the the others bring better chemistry than Skip.Lee, and Batee.

Remember when we had this exact same thread last year with Lee instead of Barnes? Remember how everyone was saying that Lee would be much better than JJ and the JJ fans made a lot of arguments about how it was just speculation? Those were good times. Actually, wait, this might be fun.

quote:
Anyways, I think it's high time JJ fans faced reality: JJ was drafted to perform a very specific function that was a need at the time of his draft: 3pt shooting. Unfortunately, the coach the team had at the time hates 3pt shots something fierce. Enter SVG, who would take 3pt shots behind the school and get them pregnant were that possible. This sounds like a perfect situation for JJ, except that a) SVG also likes defense and B) by the time SVG got here, the team had overloaded themselves with 3pt shooters, and while JJ might be better at shooting 3s than Bogans, Evans, Cook, Rashard Lewis, Jason Kapono, Larry Bird, and the mind of God, he's significantly worse at the other qualities the team found themselves needing, so JJ's game took a backseat to everyone else.

It's for that reason that people like me see no chance of JJ leaping Barnes on the depth chart. JJ projects as a great shooter who's defenseless. Barnes projects as a solid all-around offensive player with good to very good defensive skills. In other words, Barnes projects to be a far more useful player to the team moving forward.

So to answer your question, the reason there's no point in having them share minutes is because one projects as an offensive burst, while the other projects as, essentially, the same thing, but without being a defensive liability.

Wow, I change Lee's name to Barnes, and it's the exact same argument I made a year ago.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Excellent post,

It took JJ the better part of 2 seasons to learn to fit into Stan's system. Stan has stated how impressed he is in Redick's improvement and how pleased he was in JJ's performance during the playoffs. I'll be the first to say that JJ is no ALL STAR at this time but neither are Barnes, Bass, or Anderson and these guys have not played one possession within Stan's system. Every post that is made about the DEFINITE impact these any of these new signees will bring is pure spectulation. Although I do feel that VC is an upgrade over Turk I think it defintely remains to be seen if the the others bring better chemistry than Skip.Lee, and Batee.

Sigh . . . of course Stan is going to say good things about JJ, he's hardly going to say that JJ is useless is he?!. If he did then Stan ends up with an extremely disgruntled player. It would be very poor coaching to say that about a player under contract.

As for saying the team has taken twenty steps back . . . well that is redickulous. I would judge if the teams taken a step forward or a step back after they have played a number of games instead of just assuming.

As for chemistry, sure it helps but its vastly over rated. Teddy Sheringham and Andrew Cole were two soccer players who played for Manchester United - they hated each other and never spoke one word to one another - guess what, they were professional and worked together on the pitch winning three trophies in one season!! I'm not saying being BFF doesn't help it's just vastly over rated.

AJ and Lee were new to the system and slotted in fairly quickly. There is nothing to suggest that the new guys wont either. The fact is, any poster taking about the lack of chemistry is going on conjecture its the offseason judge it when were at least a few games into the season for crying out loud.

And for the record I have no issue with JJ. He's likely to be gone by the start of the 2010/2011 season but while he is here I hope he play brill - its another asset for the team.