Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Sun Yue 6'9 pg anyone interested???

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

At 6'9", as a point guard, he'd be on an NBA roster long ago if he were any good. There's obviously a reason he isn't (i.e., he's not very good).

Making assumptions like that can end up with people burning in hell, I mean people have burned for less of a reason.

We need a cheap backup PG who'll spend his season getting limited minutes barring injury. He'll be able to learn from some of the best shooters in the game.

Would you you give that to a Sun Yue or Russell Robinson? Who has the most potential for improvement?

I'm having a hard time NOT going with Sun if the price is right. And talk about a matchup problem.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Having "some PG skills", does not a PG make.

how right you are, yoda, how right you are

I' sure we could do worse than Sun Yue so it wouldn't be terrible if we had him as backup just in case, but I'm all for checking other options

quote:
Originally posted by Passenger57:

We need a cheap backup PG who'll spend his season getting limited minutes barring injury. He'll be able to learn from some of the best shooters in the game.

Would you you give that to a Sun Yue or Russell Robinson? Who has the most potential for improvement?

I'm having a hard time NOT going with Sun if the price is right. And talk about a matchup problem.

That's what I am saying, plus it was reported in one the posted articles that this summer he has been working with a shooting coach.

Though for those who don't know he is considered a great pass first pg.

The problem with the Lakers there were how many players in front of him.

He got most of his experience from D-League and when he played for his country in International games.

If the price is right the Magic don't lose anything, but have everything to gain.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:
Originally posted by Passenger57:

QUOTE]

That's what I am saying, plus it was reported in one the posted articles that this summer he has been working with a shooting coach.

Though for those who don't know he is considered a great pass first pg.

The problem with the Lakers there were how many players in front of him.

He got most of his experience from D-League and when he played for his country in International games.

If the price is right the Magic don't lose anything, but have everything to gain.

This is my point in looking at this guy as well! We were the masters of the mismatches last season, this guy, if he has the right skill sets could provide another/greater aspect to that problem. Good post!

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Having "some PG skills", does not a PG make.

I gather you missed this:

"The point guard played a key role in China reaching the quarterfinals. Described as a Chinese Tony Kukoc, a left-hander with long arms and an all-around game, Sun didn