Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Bucher thinks Gortat deal to OKC is on the table(ESPN Podcast)

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

^These are the type of comments people should ignore.

Why because I said Durant is better than VC? That is common sense. Or is it because the same day you joined is the day VC got traded here? I am a Magic fan no matter who is on this team. You are a VC fan and will be gone when he leaves just like all the Hedo fans.

Man every time you come on here you say something stupider. I don't know how you do it.

Haha I say "stupider" things? If saying that Durant is better than VC and Thuglife joined on the same day VC got traded here and only posts about VC and RA makes me "stupider" than you, then I guess I am "stupider"

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'd take Durant over every perimeter player in the league except LeBron, Wade, and Kobe. This kid can play.

VC isn't a superstar anymore. Doesn't mean he sucks but his best days are behind him.

VC was never a superstar, he was a highlight film who only cared about being on SC. He was a good dunker but is a much better player now than he was back in the day. Durant is a top 10 talent in the league and could be a top 5 player by the end of next year. VC was never a top 10 player.

Cancel your account

There is no doubt that VC was a top 10 player in this league at one time. However, Durant is better now and IMO has a higher overall ceiling than Vince ever had. It doesn't matter though, because it's a pointless irrelevant argument. However, Durant's season last year was seriously underappreciated and it was absolutely amazing for a 2nd year, 20 year old player. You can make a case that his first 2 years have surpassed Lebron's. The sky is the limit for him.

this was a good podcast. Lots of different view points.

LOL @ bucher and stein ripping simmons about how he spends 5 minutes with a guy, becomes friends with him, and thinks hes the best player ever.

Listen I love Kevin Durant to death, he's the best player no one pays attention to in the NBA because of his market.

If I had to start a franchise for one guy to build around, yeah, I'm choosing Kevin Durant in a heartbeat over VC, because of his age and he still has upside, while already being an All Star level player.

BUT..

For the next 1 to 3 years I still would rather have the more versatile Vince Carter on my team, particularly this Orlando Magic team.

The #1 reason? Intangibles. Dwight & Jameer need to understudy what VC brings to the table day in and day out.. playing through nagging injuries.. every game matters.. leadership.. poise in the clutch.. etc., etc., etc.

Kevin Durant for your fantasy team. Vince Carter to go out and win a Championship.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'd take Durant over every perimeter player in the league except LeBron, Wade, and Kobe. This kid can play.

VC isn't a superstar anymore. Doesn't mean he sucks but his best days are behind him.

I would take Melo and Roy over Durant as well. Durant wouldn't even be one of my top 10 players to build my franchise around. If I wanted to win now I'd pick Kobe to build my team around but for the future I'd go with:

01. Dwight Howard

02. Dwayne Wade

03. Chris Paul

04. Lebron James

05. Deron Williams

06. Carmelo Anthony

07. Chris Bosh

09. Brandon Roy

10. Al Jefferson (He was a beast when he was healthy)

Holy Crap, Bucher AND Simmons are the two biggest morons on the face of the planet. Listening to them argue with each other around the 37 minute mark almost made me want to blow my brains out.

The best was when Simmons told Bucher that he has a little bias towards a couple of players. Simmons...talking about Bias??? All Stein could do was chuckle in the background.

With Gortat's BYC status factored in, I don't see anyway the Magic would consider trading Gortat for anything other than the deal I mention below..

Jeff Green is intriguing as a long term, inexpensive replacement to cover the loss of Hedo. His contract also expires the same year we could potentially move VC off the books in some sort of expiring contract deal. Therefore, we could mold Green into our forward of the future and provide him with the pay raise he is certain to get when his rookie contract expires in 2010-2011.

Also, when you look at Green's production already, 17pts, 7reb, 2ast, and 1 stl per game for a guy going into his third season that showed remarkable progress in his second year compared to his rookie season, he would seem to offer everything the Magic need at the 3. And for a 6-9 forward, kid shoots 39% from 3pt range and 80% from the FT line with an EFF of 16.0.

Sign me up for this deal:

Gortat/Redick/1st

for

Green/Weaver/2nd

Jeez. Then could you imagine how much Steve Kyler would hate all the changes we've made to our Finals roster? LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

With Gortat's BYC status factored in, I don't see anyway the Magic would consider trading Gortat for anything other than the deal I mention below..

Jeff Green is intriguing as a long term, inexpensive replacement to cover the loss of Hedo. His contract also expires the same year we could potentially move VC off the books in some sort of expiring contract deal. Therefore, we could mold Green into our forward of the future and provide him with the pay raise he is certain to get when his rookie contract expires in 2010-2011.

Also, when you look at Green's production already, 17pts, 7reb, 2ast, and 1 stl per game for a guy going into his third season that showed remarkable progress in his second year compared to his rookie season, he would seem to offer everything the Magic need at the 3. And for a 6-9 forward, kid shoots 39% from 3pt range and 80% from the FT line with an EFF of 16.0.

Sign me up for this deal:

Gortat/Redick/1st

for

Green/Weaver/2nd

Jeez. Then could you imagine how much Steve Kyler would hate all the changes we've made to our Finals roster? LOL.

I would take this deal yesterday. Anybody who doesn't think Jeff Green is legit, is plain stupid. Not to mention the guy was a great passer in college, and has shown flashes of it in the pros. He would be an absolute stud and a key piece to our future if we got him. Weaver would be a great combo guard off the bench as well, and has the height and defense to really help us.