Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm really disapointed.......this big news came out and moldy hobo was nowhere to be found.

Where is the hobo?

On vacation in Vegas partyin', lol...he had no access to a computer he said...

I hate Kyler...but I like this from his chat at Hoopsworld today:

jij23 in cle, ohio:

Supp Mr.Kyler? Got one question. Better player Moon or Barnes?

Steve Kyler:

Different players entirely... Jamario is a poor man's Shawn Marion - he's energy, he's above the rim, he's active - marginal shooter - great teammate.... Barnes is a tough, physical and aggressive - he's your pitbull, he is a better shooter and has a defender's mentality.

I like Jamario from an upside point of view, but if you need to shut someone down Matt Barnes is your guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

All of the good news on this signing makes a pretty long list. Barnes for $1.6 mil? Seriously? My personal favorite is that our depth is just.. man, oh man. Everything is just 'man, oh man' for me right now. Our biggest problem appears to be finding talented players the right minutes. What an awesome problem.

And let me be the first of the VC trade bashers - if I even am the first - to say,

"Otis, holy moldy hubba dubba hobo bing bang! You! Just you!!"

LoL

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

Sometimes it really sucks being 5 hours ahead of everyone else, I was fast asleep when all this kicked off and I've only just got back from work.

It does seem that everytime PEC says we wont get a player or a player wont get paid because of the economy the opposite happens lol, so . . . PEC, can you please hope we dont pick up CJ ;-) xx

And anyone who thinks JJ is the first SG off the bench is delusional, he's behind VC and Pietrus and will probably have to fight with Barnes for scraps when Barnes isn't in at the 3.

It would be cool if you change the "shamwow" on your signature to "Stanwow"

quote:
Originally posted by TLoMan2:

quote:

Sometimes it really sucks being 5 hours ahead of everyone else, I was fast asleep when all this kicked off and I've only just got back from work.

It does seem that everytime PEC says we wont get a player or a player wont get paid because of the economy the opposite happens lol, so . . . PEC, can you please hope we dont pick up CJ ;-) xx

And anyone who thinks JJ is the first SG off the bench is delusional, he's behind VC and Pietrus and will probably have to fight with Barnes for scraps when Barnes isn't in at the 3.

Actually it all depends on preseason camp and who STAN picks not us.

So right now it's VC then Redick, but that might or might not change in camp.

BTW the Magic got Barnes cheap

n an aggressive summer of spending, the Orlando Magic have agreed with Matt Barnes(notes) on a two-year, $3.2 million contract, a league source said Monday night.

Barnes, 29, gives Orlando a versatile forward on its reshaped bench. He leaves the Phoenix Suns, where he averaged 10 points and 5.5 rebounds a season ago. The deal includes a player option of $1.6 million in 2010-11, the source said. Barnes will sign the agreement on Tuesday.

And CJ is looking for a 3 year deal vets min so we could get him cheap as well. Golden State if they match will have filled up their roster so the odds are in the favor of the Magic if it goes through.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

n an aggressive summer of spending, the Orlando Magic have agreed with Matt Barnes(notes) on a two-year, $3.2 million contract, a league source said Monday night.

Barnes, 29, gives Orlando a versatile forward on its reshaped bench. He leaves the Phoenix Suns, where he averaged 10 points and 5.5 rebounds a season ago. The deal includes a player option of $1.6 million in 2010-11, the source said. Barnes will sign the agreement on Tuesday.

And CJ is looking for a 3 year deal vets min so we could get him cheap as well. Golden State if they match will have filled up their roster so the odds are in the favor of the Magic if it goes through.

whatever helps you sleep at night Purple Energy Crisis

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Otis is probably entertaining calls for JJ right now.

Cleveland LeBrons call O-Tiz

"Yo Tiz, zup ma nizzle?"

"Na frizzle or wrizzle... jus' chillin' in da breez"

"Tiz, ma man... Nigga brizzle to da tizzle trazzle? Jay Jay boomyo fo realz"

"Fo sho, fo sho... whazzya git?"

"Cavrazzles ain't no needs Mo Promizzle... Bron ain't likez tha' dawg fo rizzle"

"Nigga wha? Mo Chokelz ain't got shyt fo 'Lando dawg... Mo fo Jaybomb? Fo real? Nigga ****!"

*hangsup*

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

whatever helps you sleep at night Purple Energy Crisis

yeah i think everyone else can see that he isn't behind VC... Philly Elephant Course