Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

Sometimes it really sucks being 5 hours ahead of everyone else, I was fast asleep when all this kicked off and I've only just got back from work.

It does seem that everytime PEC says we wont get a player or a player wont get paid because of the economy the opposite happens lol, so . . . PEC, can you please hope we dont pick up CJ ;-) xx

And anyone who thinks JJ is the first SG off the bench is delusional, he's behind VC and Pietrus and will probably have to fight with Barnes for scraps when Barnes isn't in at the 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Id like Barnes to start as well, as long as hes as good or better defensively as Hedo. LOL

i want him coming off the bench. If we get watson too....watson/pietrus/barnes/anderson/gortat amazing bench lol

Ok, but whos our starting 3 then Shard? I like him at the 4 in most matchups, and Peaches off the bench, that leaves the starting 3 for Barnes, but im not SVG. Just my 2 cents.

Yah. shard is better at the 3 then 4 but it really depends on who we play i think..if we play the cavs i want bass at the 4 n shard at 3..if we play cavs then shard at 4

Were you a Seattle fan? Most people didn't even know who Shard was until his FA year. So how do you like him more at SF? He is just as good offensively and better defensively at PF. Playing him at SF now turns him into mor of a post player to use his size. Now that clogs the middle for Dwight and ruins the spacing offensively. Not to mention he can't beat anyone off the dribble or stay in front of people(Turk was much quicker than Shard is). The majority of this board has trashed me when I said we would not start Shard at SF even after we signed Bass, but it seems pretty obvious now that he won't.

iv watched him play with seatle but not a fan. i dont talk bout stuff unless i know wat im talking about. lewis was so good at the 3 kus he could post up almost anybody, he can only post up some 4s. he is no worst defender then turk.

Nelson3, I agree with almost every post you make including this one.

I can't believe our BACKUP wing tandem is Pietrus and Barnes. Seriously amazing. We are so much better then last year. I loved Courtney, but Barnes and Pietrus on D together against another team's backups is unfair.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I guess Ryan Anderson wont be playing this season now that we have Matt Barnes. Oh well.

I won't be surprised if Anderson starts for us.

Nelson/Vince/Shard/Anderson/Dwight poses the same matchup problems everyone is saying we lost. Only difference is ballhandling is at the SG position, and role player at the PF. Anderson pick-n-pop with Vince will be as deadly as Shard pick-n-pop with Jameer.

****, the Magic are so versatile.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I guess Ryan Anderson wont be playing this season now that we have Matt Barnes. Oh well.

I won't be surprised if Anderson starts for us.

Nelson/Vince/Shard/Anderson/Dwight poses the same matchup problems everyone is saying we lost. Only difference is ballhandling is at the SG position, and role player at the PF. Anderson pick-n-pop with Vince will be as deadly as Shard pick-n-pop with Jameer.

****, the Magic are so versatile.

And I think Anderson is an underrated ball handler, he coud def take a lot of the 4's to the basket off the dribble and he is a good passer with a very high IQ for the game. He will be very nice playing with this team.

lol, you guys need to stop with this Anderson as a possible starter stuff. It's ridiculous. If Stan wants to keep that match-up advantage at the four spot, (I think he does) he'll go with the guy who made the all-star team at that position, not a guy who's essentially a rookie on a new team.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I can't believe our BACKUP wing tandem is Pietrus and Barnes. Seriously amazing. We are so much better then last year. I loved Courtney, but Barnes and Pietrus on D together against another team's backups is unfair.

The days of every two guard in the league scoring 30 on us are over.

All of the good news on this signing makes a pretty long list. Barnes for $1.6 mil? Seriously? My personal favorite is that our depth is just.. man, oh man. Everything is just 'man, oh man' for me right now. Our biggest problem appears to be finding talented players the right minutes. What an awesome problem.

And let me be the first of the VC trade bashers - if I even am the first - to say,

"Otis, holy moldy hubba dubba hobo bing bang! You! Just you!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

lol, you guys need to stop with this Anderson as a possible starter stuff. It's ridiculous. If Stan wants to keep that match-up advantage at the four spot, (I think he does) he'll go with the guy who made the all-star team at that position, not a guy who's essentially a rookie on a new team.

Exactly. Plus this will be Rashard's third season in Stan's system.

I do think we will see alot of Rashard at the 3 but there is no way he is starting the game there so Anderson can play the 4.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

JJ will be behind Carter, Pietrus, and Barnes. Pietrus will be the primary backup to both the 2 and 3 spots. JJ at best will be 3rd string, picking up minutes when both Carter and Pietrus are in foul trouble, and I highly doubt Barnes doesn't take those minutes as surely Lewis won't be playing 36mpg at 4.

My bet is that Lewis plays 3 when Dwight is on the bench. Rashard posting up SFs will allow us to keep an inside-out game. Barnes gives us the flexibility to go big or small from the outset.

Don't discount Anderson, he provides the same problems Lewis does at 4 with his ability to stretch the floor and take it to the hole when PFs close out too aggressively.

I didn't know you were Stan since he is the one who decides who plays what in HIS rotations.

This will all be decided during preseason camp.

Hmmm, he can't play coach and make a guess as to lineups but you can run your suck all over the place playing GM (failing miserably, but still playing)?

Otis is some sort of ninja, stealing these players while they aren't looking.

If GS doesn't match for our (hopefully) new backup PG...wow...just wow.

Otis, I hope you're reading these boards because we think you're a pimp.