Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

Barnes >>>>> Moon.

The Cavs are getting scraps while we get players. The only team that I like what they've done this season other than us is Boston, although if the Lakers get Odom back, then they're just as good as last year, if not better with Artest.

However, our offseason has been the best I've seen of any team.

personally, I also feel Barnes > Moon, and now even more so... Barnes @ $1.9M >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moon @ $3M.

Lebron wishes Ferry was as good as Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan7687:

I really dont know why people are so high strong on chris duhon over jjr, and as if barnes came here thatd make jj tradeable? i really think jj should have the chance to start, he might not be in the game at the end of the fourth, but come on man if we start off most games guns a blazin and get him hot quick, we could ride him all night

It's simple, JJ is now 4th string SG. Duhon or Watson would immediately be our backup point. JJ won't play unless there are catastrophic injuries. Duhon can start if Jameer goes down for the year again.

4th string? That doesn't even make sense, JJ is the backup SG. Barnes will most likely start and MP will get minutes there. Depending on matchups RA could see time there but probably not a whole lot. Barnes is not being brought in here to play SG, that makes no sense and JJ will get minutes. RA and Gortat are actually the 2 guys who will lose minutes.

JJ will be behind Carter, Pietrus, and Barnes. Pietrus will be the primary backup to both the 2 and 3 spots. JJ at best will be 3rd string, picking up minutes when both Carter and Pietrus are in foul trouble, and I highly doubt Barnes doesn't take those minutes as surely Lewis won't be playing 36mpg at 4.

My bet is that Lewis plays 3 when Dwight is on the bench. Rashard posting up SFs will allow us to keep an inside-out game. Barnes gives us the flexibility to go big or small from the outset.

Don't discount Anderson, he provides the same problems Lewis does at 4 with his ability to stretch the floor and take it to the hole when PFs close out too aggressively.

I didn't know you were Stan since he is the one who decides who plays what in HIS rotations.

This will all be decided during preseason camp.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I really dont know why people are so high strong on chris duhon over jjr, and as if barnes came here thatd make jj tradeable? i really think jj should have the chance to start, he might not be in the game at the end of the fourth, but come on man if we start off most games guns a blazin and get him hot quick, we could ride him all night

It's simple, JJ is now 4th string SG. Duhon or Watson would immediately be our backup point. JJ won't play unless there are catastrophic injuries. Duhon can start if Jameer goes down for the year again.

4th string? That doesn't even make sense, JJ is the backup SG. Barnes will most likely start and MP will get minutes there. Depending on matchups RA could see time there but probably not a whole lot. Barnes is not being brought in here to play SG, that makes no sense and JJ will get minutes. RA and Gortat are actually the 2 guys who will lose minutes.

JJ will be behind Carter, Pietrus, and Barnes. Pietrus will be the primary backup to both the 2 and 3 spots. JJ at best will be 3rd string, picking up minutes when both Carter and Pietrus are in foul trouble, and I highly doubt Barnes doesn't take those minutes as surely Lewis won't be playing 36mpg at 4.

My bet is that Lewis plays 3 when Dwight is on the bench. Rashard posting up SFs will allow us to keep an inside-out game. Barnes gives us the flexibility to go big or small from the outset.

Don't discount Anderson, he provides the same problems Lewis does at 4 with his ability to stretch the floor and take it to the hole when PFs close out too aggressively.

I didn't know you were Stan since he is the one who decides who plays what in HIS rotations.

True.

But still...

eap1cw.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've got a thousand bucks that says Probably Eating Crack doesn't say anything if it weren't for the speculation on the shooting guard rotation.