Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

The Orlando Magic's active offseason continued Monday when they closed in on a deal to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

One source told ESPN.com that Barnes and the Magic have agreed in principle on a two-year deal for an undisclosed amount that could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Since reaching the NBA Finals for just the second time in franchise history, Orlando has traded for former All-Star swingman Vince Carter, signed free-agent forward Brandon Bass, matched a five-year, $34 million offer sheet to restricted free agent Marcin Gortat and pursued Barnes to join a group of newcomers that also includes Ryan Anderson from the Carter trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4342767

looks like we signed him for the LLE, enabling us to still use the rest of the MLE or Dooling TPE on Watson.

MONEY AIN'T A THANG!!!!

I think picking up Barnes trumps Daniels and Moon for Boston and Cleveland. He can play multiple positions, is a knock down shooter, strong defender, and plays hard all game. I'm pretty surprised he had to settle for barely above vet min money. Great signing to bolster our bench and have a guy that can start if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

looks like we signed him for the LLE, enabling us to still use the rest of the MLE or Dooling TPE on Watson.

MONEY AIN'T A THANG!!!!

Nyce, are you inferring this from the ESPN story or you have this from another source more definite? I hope the latter; I would be ecstatic.

If it comes true, I'm way surprised that ESPN broke the story. If it's not true than I'm surprised we could read it because it should've been an "insider" article.

I'm way excited if we locked up Barnes though. Definitely not Otis' type of classy guy, but I think he'll be an awesome bench player. Good times.