Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ya'll sure we're looking for a wing? Vince says...(link)

quote:
Originally posted by one9:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by one9:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Hinrich is not coming here, wake up from the dream.

Bobby Jackson hasn't been worth a crap for a few years now.

Id love to see Duhon here and his salary is reasonable, but I doubt New York gives him up.

I wish we had went after Janerro Pargo, he went cheap to Chicago.

Sign Powell and Hendrix.

Sign Jeremy Pargo

Let JJ run the point in limited minutes.

If you have a second unit of

JJ/Pietrus/Powell/Anderson/Gortat, I think you have great firepower and very good size. I think you could run with that lineup for 15 min a game and be pleased.

And we have flexability at the deadline if you want to get someone. Not to mention three players that are hungry to be here and will give all for the team.

My thoughts anyway.

Since when do you play 5 backups at once during a game? One or two players come in at one time then after an extnded period at least one of those starters comes back in. Then other subs come in for the remaining starters. But when has there ever been a time when there are even 4 bench players on the court?

I'm not sure what the rotation is going to be for the Magic, but here is an example with the current players on the roster, this isn't me predicting who will be starting or what the rotations will be, only an example. Starting lineup: Jameer, VC, Lewis, Bass, Dwight. First subs: Pietrus and Anderson for Jameer and Bass. Vince brings up the ball, acts as point. Anderson goes to the 4. Next sub: Jameer and Gortat for VC and Dwight. Rotations continue. There is never a time during a game when 5 subs are on the court at once, barring a blowout.

Buddy, i've watched enough NBA and Magic basketball enough to know that on most given nights, different players are substituted on a night to night basis.

We set up starting rotations and second units for the benefit of guessing what a rotation will be, and maybe projecting where a certain player will play. Its fun, you should try it.

I disagree with you somewhat Killing on JJ. The lateral quickness is a bit of a problem, but I honestly don't think he will get killed by anyone. I think defensively, hes improved enough to get the go.

Bottom line, I think he has the skills to get the job done, and i'd rather have him than another cronie like AJ taking money or a roster spot.

When you say things about a lineup of JJ, Pietrus, Powell, Anderson, and Gortat like "I think you could run with that lineup for 15 min a game and be pleased" then clearly you don't know how NBA rotations work.

That lineup COULD work for a 15 minute stretch you moron...against the Bobcats. icon_smile.gif

I think that our backup pg NEEDS to be able to hit the 3. I actually like Quinn as an option here, because them hitting the 3 keeps the defense honest...Remember when Rafer would go cold and they would just leave him alone.

We need only 3 more players. A Backup Center, Backup or starting SG/SF, and a Backup PG that can challenge Johnson which shouldnt be hard for the backup minutes to Jameer.

If we did a rotation of

Starters

Nelson, Carter, Lewis, Bass, Howard

Bench

Redick, Pietrus, Anderson, Gortat

This will totally work. I saw Natmayo go through the rotations and he was dead on. We dont need Johnson as a backup pg. We can just use Carter to run the offense when Nelson is out. That way you can bring in another wing player/shooter(REDICK) to guard the opponents PG. Let Johnson be a reserve. Leave him completely out of the rotation. We dont even need Matt Barnes. Magic dont waste your money on him please. Hes a good player but if he comes then he will take minutes from Ryan Anderson and that will be a huge mistake. With this rotation of:

Starters

Nelson, Carter Lewis, Bass, Howard

Bench

Redick, Pietrus, Anderson,Gortat

We have Lewis that will play ALL of his minutes at the 3 now. Which would give a PF rotation of Bass and Anderson. Redick takes the minutes Johnson would normally take. But since Carter can run the offense better than Johnson can, we let Carter run the offense and add Redick to the lineup taking Johnson minutes as another wing shooter. It all works out. But if your bring Matt Barnes here, then Lewis will play some minutes at the 3 but mostly at the 4 and Bass will back him up. Leaving Anderson with no minutes to play so now hes a reserve do to Matt Barnes getting about 20mpg which wouldve been Anderson minutes.

DONT BRING MATT BARNES, PLEASE

Anderson will become a reserve if this happens. The guy should be apart of our rotation. Move Lewis back to the 3 and remove Johnson completely out of the rotation. Replace with Redick and let Carter run the offense when Nelson is and isnt in the game. In the Hedo Turkoglu role. We should be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomike:

Only problem is Carter needs rest too. Carter then has to stay in for Nelson to get rest.That wont always work out. IMO you always need 3 guys who can bring the ball up.

Yes it will cause Nelson plays 33mpg. Carter lays about 37mpg. Ok when Nelson is in the game Carter can be resting. Now when Nelson is out of the game Carter can be in running the offense. Its all for 15mpg. Now if they both is in the game and most of the time they will be then they both can run the offense. Just like Turk and Nelson did. How you think Redick got in the game during the Celtics playoff series. When Nelson leaves the game Carter role as a wing player shifts to running the offense. Now if you bring Redick in as the wing player now, you now have another shooter out there with Carter running the offense for 15mpg. On defense Carter guards the SG but Redick guards the PG. Redick defense is good enough to stay with PGs in the league and his mostly bigger than them to where he can contest their shots better than if he was contesting a 6'6 SG. He has a better chance guarding a PG is what i mean so it all works out. It can be done without a backup pg. We tried it before in the Celtics series and it worked. Redick was averaging around 10ppg because of the extra minutes. Redick would definitely like this idea more than anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

Lets go get CJ Watson. Warriors are kind of deep at that position so maybe they will let him go. I hope we go young.

Well Bun B you certainly did call it and Otis listened now just hoping that Oakland doesn't match.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Vince was right...doubters,lol...!

moldy hobo has already worn out his welcome. We have Vince now.