Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Hollinger [ESPN}: "a spectacular piece of card playing by Magic general manager Otis

Otis wasn't kidding when he said he could spend as much as he wanted. It makes me so happy to be a Magic fan. We have an organization that is 100% committed to winning. For those of us who have stuck with the team through the mediocre years it makes this so much more satisfying. I can't even express how much I love this team right now.

Big ups to Otis. 2 summers ago, he was the laughing stock of the league. Playing poker with the big dogs and ends up blowing all his money on someone he already in the bag. Now, NOW, he's taking rich owners lunch money and slappin' 'em in the forehead wit his unit.

Money ain't a thang

Also, mucho gracias to our Owner and President for giving Otis the greenlight to make these transactions. As a fan, I'm so greatful we're one of the few teams making moves to WIN and not to save money for the rich.

I love it!!! Thanks Otis. This more than makes up for the fact that I am going to see Shaq's face every time I turn on the TV this coming season.

Now if we can just shore up the pg position .....

When do they hand out the GM of the year award? If anyone but Otis gets it, I'd be extremely surprised. Dude has made several amazing moves since February to make sure his team can compete with anyone.

The only thing that sucks is that yes, our team is amazing, and yes, management is forking out the dough to win, BUT yes, I still feel threatened by the Lakers, Spurs, Cavs, and Celtics. Our team as currently constructed along with the other ones mentioned, could win a championship in a whole slew of previous years.

Being from Utah and also a Jazz fan, I've asked myself several times, "Why when the Jazz made it to the Finals, did they have to face Jordan? Why couldn't it have been some other time?"

I know our team can win, but if they happen to not "make it to the promised land" as Dwight would say, I think I'll be asking, "why did the Magic have to get there when Kobe was around or when Lebron was around or whatever"

To be the best, you gotta beat the best. I seriously believe we're the best, so let's do this.

ESPN wrote a good article about us? NICE!

Now we shuld all be glad that Otis stuck out the criticism n never caved in. He pretty much owned this offseason. im overwhelemed. We are too complete.

est 1984: I F****** love Karl Malone N John Stockton. J Stock is a bad***. 97 finals was epic.

I'm not worried about Lebron. His team hasn't gotten much better and they still have no answers for us.

The Lakers, we can only hope that them becoming older makes them worse. And that they don't keep Odom.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

I'm not worried about Lebron. His team hasn't gotten much better and they still have no answers for us.

The Lakers, we can only hope that them becoming older makes them worse. And that they don't keep Odom.

If the lakers dont keep odom they got worst IMO, but i think they will get odom back

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

I feel more that way about the Celtics than Lakers. I hope age affects them. Lakers didn't get that old really. Celtics did.

Spurs I'm worried a tiny bit about, cuz they have a very complete team.

Cavs rn't gonna scare me, N I hope we destroy them.

If the Lakers lose Odom I dont think they got any better. Ariza was big for them, N Odom is usually.

Still I bet every other team is terrified of ours.