Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

I'm not against the price of the MLE for Gortat. But the guys are most probably pointing out the idea that we are paying the MLE for a backup player who'll play 10-15 mpg.

The Magic negotiate for the Maverick's back up power forward and center while the Maverick's wait to see what Otis is going to do with their Gortat contract offer for over 5 million...that Otis said was too much.

Oh, that Otis! He is a bad boy.

well honestly, i believed Hobo... Like i said in an earlier post...

" have no reason not to believe him "

I think we have ourselves an official insider guys =D... Let's not ruin this

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Guys!!

Stop talking about the MLE being too much for Gortat. Pietrus, also a back up, is paid MLE

money and I don't hear any complaints about that.

My prediction is that Gortat eventually shares minutes with Bass at the Power Forward position, in addition to being a back up center, and is not traded.

Yes, Moldy is credible.

P.S.

For you fans that are wanting a nick name for BASS. He has one...he is presently called B.Bass.

Yeah lets compare a guy who actually was brought in here as a starter, and because of injuries is now the 6th man. Lets also compare a guy who can actually can play multiple positions and has proven so. We already have 2 guys who actually play PF as their natural position so he will not get minutes there. Your talking about a guy who will be a backup to our franchise player, 10-15 mpg tops,and in close games he doesn't get that. Who is Kobe's backup? Lebron?Wade?Get the point?

If the Gortat offer is matched it is only because Otis has found a trade partner. If you honestly think we will pay him the MLE(which we don't have all of anyway so it is not the MLE we are using) and go into the luxury tax which means that contract will nearly double than you have lost your mind. But this is the guy that tried to argue that two things that aren't the same and never were, are the same.

Is this even the same Otis so many of us cursed and hated on for not too long ago?

Is this his evil twin? He seems to be growing horns and whipping his tail all around...

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Is this even the same Otis so many of us cursed and hated on for not too long ago?

Is this his evil twin? He seems to be growing horns and whipping his tail all around...

It's called experience/ "learning the ropes"

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Guys!!

Stop talking about the MLE being too much for Gortat. Pietrus, also a back up, is paid MLE

money and I don't hear any complaints about that.

My prediction is that Gortat eventually shares minutes with Bass at the Power Forward position, in addition to being a back up center, and is not traded.

Yes, Moldy is credible.

P.S.

For you fans that are wanting a nick name for BASS. He has one...he is presently called B.Bass.

Yeah lets compare a guy who actually was brought in here as a starter, and because of injuries is now the 6th man. Lets also compare a guy who can actually can play multiple positions and has proven so. We already have 2 guys who actually play PF as their natural position so he will not get minutes there. Your talking about a guy who will be a backup to our franchise player, 10-15 mpg tops,and in close games he doesn't get that. Who is Kobe's backup? Lebron?Wade?Get the point?

If the Gortat offer is matched it is only because Otis has found a trade partner. If you honestly think we will pay him the MLE(which we don't have all of anyway so it is not the MLE we are using) and go into the luxury tax which means that contract will nearly double than you have lost your mind. But this is the guy that tried to argue that two things that aren't the same and never were, are not the same.

The Dallas Maverick's used their full level MLE with their Gortat contract offer. When Orlando matches it, Gortat's salary is equal to MLE money.

SVG said he would give Gortat additional minutes. What position do you think he will be playing? Let's see how Gortat does.

The complaints in the past was that DeVoss wouldn't go over the cap...especially after signing Lewis to 118m. Now we are upset because he's spending too much?

how credible is this channel 6 reporter? any chance he's the type that may read message boards to get his info?

didn't someone say they heard in his report, he also mentioned the Magic going after Barnes & Ratliff?

just sayin...

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I'm not against the price of the MLE for Gortat. But the guys are most probably pointing out the idea that we are paying the MLE for a backup player who'll play 10-15 mpg.

But if he can play the 10-15 as a backup center, he can pick up another 10-15 as a backup/Start PF.

Now he would be a 20-30 guy and definetly worth 6-7year