Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Vince be better than Turk i.e. "Mr. 4th Quarter"?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Nope his senior year in highschool they were champs. Looked it up myself. Look at all these crybabies....bottom line....I HAVE to be wrong. Otherwise, we're screwed right? This is typical. I have to completely wrong or the Magic are in for a rough two years. We'll see.

Had you provided a decent opinion with statistics to support it instead of these misconstrued facts, your argument wouldn't seem so absurd.

quote:
O u have to hit a Game Winning shot in the Playoffs be be considered a go to guy. that makes sense. Not. Whens the last time Kobe hit a "game winning shot" in the playoffs.

I remember Derek Fisher did. Is he a "go to guy" in the 4th?

Just sayin'. Turk had a knack for hitting a huge shot at the end of a game, that reputation didn't come from no where. To act like he just happened to hit big shots now that he's gone is a little strange to me.

VC is a great player and I think he'll be great for us, but to automatically say he'll be better than a guy who I watched hit big shots for us all year is crazy. Can he hit big shots? Sure. Has he been known throughout his career as a big-time shot maker? No. Will he be for us? We'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
O u have to hit a Game Winning shot in the Playoffs be be considered a go to guy. that makes sense. Not. Whens the last time Kobe hit a "game winning shot" in the playoffs.

Just sayin'. Turk had a knack for hitting a huge shot at the end of a game, that reputation didn't come from no where. To act like he just happened to hit big shots now that he's gone is a little strange to me.

VC is a great player and I think he'll be great for us, but to automatically say he'll be better than a guy who I watched hit big shots for us all year is crazy. Can he hit big shots? Sure. Has he been known throughout his career as a big-time shot maker? No. Will he be for us? We'll see.

The numbers don't lie, and Hedo wasn't known as a "clutch, finisher, Mr. Fourth Quarter" until he got under SVG.

quote:

quote:

I see were your coming from but turk is way too unconstant. he can hit the big shot but he cant do it every night. Imo carter is way more constant

quote:

Just sayin'. Turk had a knack for hitting a huge shot at the end of a game

That "knack" was the result of allowing Turk to utilize the pick and roll as our primary and only closeout method. Too bad he didn't give much thought to the "roll" part.

quote:
that reputation didn't come from no where.

You're right, it derived from the Magic media itself.

quote:
VC is a great player and I think he'll be great for us, but to automatically say he'll be better than a guy who I watched hit big shots for us all year is crazy

Name em'.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

quote:

The numbers don't lie, and Hedo wasn't known as a "clutch, finisher, Mr. Fourth Quarter" until he got under SVG.

Totally agree. But we still haven't seen if VC can be the MFQ under SVG either.

This is ridiculous

You dont need any stats to know that this team will be better off with Carter over Turkoglu. I cant believe there actually comparing the 2. This is really disrespectful to V.C.

quote:

You're saying, what, that the Orlando media created a reputation that Turkoglu was huge in the 4th quarter, to, uh, further their Turk agenda?

To deny that the guy was big in the 4th all year and hit huge shots for us is silly.

quote:

quote:

Yo its cool. I understand u havnt watched VC at all last year. I'm fine with that.

But do u realize how many movie-like last second 4th quarter shots Vince made this last 2009 season? Hes made some vincredible ones. Vince's were in the most intense situations (teamates not doing jack, being in toronto, to stay in playoff race) and most unbelievable shots. TRUST ME he is incredibly clutch.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

This is ridiculous

You dont need any stats to know that this team will be better off with Carter over Turkoglu. I cant believe there actually comparing the 2. This is really disrespectful to V.C.

haha. Wow dude u are so right. I dont know why I've sat on these forums so much trying to defend VC from the nay sayers.

n typing on a phone is a bi*ch

quote:
But do u realize how many movie-like last second 4th quarter shots Vince made this last 2009 season? Hes made some vincredible ones. Vince's were in the most intense situations (teamates not doing jack, being in toronto, to stay in playoff race) and most unbelievable shots. TRUST ME he is incredibly clutch.

I'll grant you that. But I'll also wait until I see him doing in a Magic uniform before I anoint him greater then the Turk.

quote:

quote:

You're saying, what, that the Orlando media created a reputation that Turkoglu was huge in the 4th quarter, to, uh, further their Turk agenda?

Not exactly, I'm just saying that his league wide reputation as "Mr. 4th Quarter" only began to pick up steam after Magic media began hyping him up. Other media sources picked up on the name and thus, the notion that Hedo is super clutch, was born.

quote:
To deny that the guy was big in the 4th all year and hit huge shots for us is silly.

Aside from the Portland unintended bank shot, I can't think of any big shots he hit throughout the regular season, but I'll admit he salvaged our post season when he hit the three against Philly. He played horrendously, however, against the Sixers for the most part, and we likely would not have been in that 2-1 position had he played more consistently, like a Vince Carter for instance.

Either way, Vince >>> Hedo in every conceivable facet of the game. That's all I'm implying.