Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Vince be better than Turk i.e. "Mr. 4th Quarter"?(link)

A statistical analysis...by a guest writer for the Sentinel...

quote:

Over the last five years, Hedo Turkoglu (right) developed a reputation as the go-to guy for the Orlando Magic late in games.

He was there to take the shot and, sometimes, he made it. So naturally his departure to Toronto has left many fans wondering if the move to acquire Vince Carter (left) from New Jersey is an upgrade or a loss.

Magic fans should be happy.

A Sentinel statistical analysis of fourth-quarter performance between the players reveals that Carter is more efficient in the final period and just may be more effective, too.

Read on for the numbers...good stuff and good news!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...ul13,0,1773111.story

A statistical analysis...by a guest writer for the Sentinel...

quote:

Over the last five years, Hedo Turkoglu (right) developed a reputation as the go-to guy for the Orlando Magic late in games.

He was there to take the shot and, sometimes, he made it. So naturally his departure to Toronto has left many fans wondering if the move to acquire Vince Carter (left) from New Jersey is an upgrade or a loss.

Magic fans should be happy.

A Sentinel statistical analysis of fourth-quarter performance between the players reveals that Carter is more efficient in the final period and just may be more effective, too.

Read on for the numbers...good stuff and good news!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...ul13,0,1773111.story

Hedo was overrated in crunch time. He hit some game winning shots that made it on to SC but people don't see him night in and night out. He's not a go to player, but he had a knack to hit a GW. I'm more than fine with Vince down the stretch despite the crap we hear from BSPN.

yes he will add another dynamic to our side the only question will be who will have the responsibility of inbounding the ball in the dying stages of a close game?

i dont think he was the main go to guy he would waist 8-10 seconds stagnat the offence be forced to do it on his own

it was just easier to go to him as he had so much ball that it was better chance to in. if he was number 1 would stan of had him inbound the ball in game 2 of the finals????

no he would of been chucking up a prayer

Again, VC's overall numbers are great...it's just in the last two years they have declined.

Also....the ONLY 20% of his shots were in the 4th quarter for VC is extremely telling....he disappears. This was said on ESPN by former teammates....they said he disappears. Why would he only jack it 20% of the his shots in the fourth? That means he takes less shots at the end of the game.

I'm telling you....this is a bad move. Call me whatever names you want....this is going to go bad for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Hedo was overrated in crunch time. He hit some game winning shots that made it on to SC but people don't see him night in and night out. He's not a go to player, but he had a knack to hit a GW. I'm more than fine with Vince down the stretch despite the crap we hear from BSPN.

Exactly. He cant make a shot the whole game until sometimes at the end of the game lol

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Again, VC's overall numbers are great...it's just in the last two years they have declined.

Also....the ONLY 20% of his shots were in the 4th quarter for VC is extremely telling....he disappears. This was said on ESPN by former teammates....they said he disappears. Why would he only jack it 20% of the his shots in the fourth? That means he takes less shots at the end of the game.

I'm telling you....this is a bad move. Call me whatever names you want....this is going to go bad for us.

Correct me if im wrong but in the entire regular season i think the only game winner hedo shot was against portland. Carter had quiet a bit last year, n carter not completely alone. Lewis can make some really big shots n before nelson went done he was showing some clutch play.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

lets see..25% would be exactly equal for every quarter right? Theres always gonna be a little bit of a difference between quarters. I would assume since they lost nearly 50 games that a lot of games VC was taken out of the game for a bigger percent of the 4th quarter compared to other quarters since they were already getting destroyed. 20% isn't that big of a deal when you are the best player on the team and lost 50 games.