Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dallas executives confirm the Magic have contacted Sam Vincent to coach

quote:

Magic in the mix

The Mavs confirmed that the Orlando Magic has contacted Mavs assistant coach Sam Vincent about their head coaching job.

Vincent, who completed his first season as a Mavs assistant, has interviewed with Charlotte and has also been contacted by Seattle.

I for one made this suggestion earlier in the week. He's an ex-Magic player. He was on the first Magic team ever. I always liked his hustl and defense.

Maybe somebody with more time than me can give us some background on his coaching resume.

http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/97769.html

quote:

Magic in the mix

The Mavs confirmed that the Orlando Magic has contacted Mavs assistant coach Sam Vincent about their head coaching job.

Vincent, who completed his first season as a Mavs assistant, has interviewed with Charlotte and has also been contacted by Seattle.

I for one made this suggestion earlier in the week. He's an ex-Magic player. He was on the first Magic team ever. I always liked his hustl and defense.

Maybe somebody with more time than me can give us some background on his coaching resume.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Magic in the mix

That confirms that Brian would NOT be coming back then, why talk to Vincent if Brian is returning.

Vincent is also an ex-teamate of Otis's as well when they both played here.

Expect a press conference this afternoon.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Magic in the mix

That confirms that Brian would NOT be coming back then, why talk to Vincent if Brian is returning.

Yeah, I agree Bhnole. You beat me to it. I was just gonna post the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Magic in the mix

This makes me believe MC more. He was the only one that said the Magic were doing a search behind the scenes. The Sentinel tried to refute that in a few articles. I wonder who else the Magic have "contacted".

i think you are right bh is gone. i like the idea of sams connection with otis. at least they would be on the same page. it looks like otis is staying also. jacklj

I bet the guys down at Jacobs and Goodman PA have 10 inch hard ons right about now.

/ old school magic joke

// sorry to anyone who started watching after 91.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

I bet the guys down at Jacobs and Goodman PA have 10 inch hard ons right about now.

/ old school magic joke

// sorry to anyone who started watching after 91.

LOL you must be refrring to those Sam Vincent commercials they had. One thing I remember about old Sam was he had his own show on Ch.2 talking about the game and everytime I turned around he was pimping something else on TV for some company. Plus he used to drive a sweet white Lambo to the game.

I guess I will have to bust out my 1990 Hoops Sam Vincent basketball card which shows Michael Jordan playing in the wrong numbered jersey cuz #23 was stolen.

Oh, and I am pretty sure that Otis is currently on vacation with his family. I'm not debunking this report, but I am debunking the idea that a press conference is being held today.

Besides, Brian Hill has done nearly enough twisting in the wind yet!

quote:

quote:

Magic in the mix

Check the "Heres a new one" thread. Emory889 has a nice bio on him.

I have mixed feelings after reading this report. Part of me is excited because it means that Brian Hill is in fact on his way out. The other half of me is disapointed. With such candidates as Adelman and Iavaroni available I would hope the Magic would go after someone with either more experience or more promise than Sam Vincent. I understand he has ties to the organization and was a popular player/person when he was here but I think it is time for the Magic to choose a coach based on credentials and not on past ties. I to am curious who else the Magic may have contacted. Maybe they are holding off until the Suns are eliminated so that they can request permission to speak to Iavaroni.

Odd, I called in to 740theteam morning show to ask them about this story and Brian Schmidtz blew it off as being false.

So who is lying then, the Texas paper which reported it from their Mavs sources or the Magic beat reporter who might be getting scooped?