Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Heres a new one

I bet the Magic front office and the local media is pretty steamed about the Mavs confirming the interest in Vincent. It makes the Magic look like they are stringing Hill along and it makes the Sentinal reporters look like they aren't doing their jobs. I wonder if this will speed up the process any.

ESPN posted the Dallas report in their "Rumors" section.

I bet Schmidtz first call after the radio show was to call the Mavs beat writer.

I've been thinking of relocating to the Orlando area and the only negative I can think of is having to hear or read what Schmidtz has to say.

You guys have some of the worst journalists i've seen doing NBA coverage.

Sam Vincent's NBA experience as a assistant coach with Dallas would need to be looked at. Read this below:

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2007/05/dallas-maveric...e-ball-movement.html

I don't know about you, but I find it alarming that the best team in the league (by the numbers) is also one of the worst passing teams (by the numbers), particularly since they rank in the top ten in scoring. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I've always kind of assumed that the best teams were the best at moving the ball around to the open man. Not so for Dallas. Last season, they ranked second-to-last (ahead of the dreadful Knicks) in APG, and the season before that they ranked ahead of only the Magic, Wizards, Pacers, and Supersonics. The Mavs haven't been in the top ten in APG since -- you guessed it -- Steve Nash was wearing the green and white.

During last year's playoffs, Dallas was ranked 14th in APG, ahead of only the Kings and Grizzlies...two teams that were eliminated in round one. And yeah, I know they made it to the NBA Finals and everything, but they often struggled mightily to score against the Heat, particularly at the end of Games 3, 5, and 6. And they scored only 74 points in a Game 4 blowout loss. If you watched that series, you probably remember how the Mavericks simply could not get a good shot during crunch time of those close games.

Back in December, after a rare loss to the Utah Jazz in which the Mavericks tallied a mere eight assists, I posted a comment over at The Association that the Mavericks had ball movement issues. My contention was that they rely too much on isolations and one-on-one play from Nowitzki (who can shoot over almost any defender), Terry (who can blow by just about anybody), Josh Howard (who is spectacular at breaking down his man), and Jerry Stackhouse (who is still Jerry Stackhouse). Those players are good enough that the tactic usually works, especially against weaker teams. But in heated, defensive, bump-and-grind games, that style of play can, will, and has killed them, especially when one or more of those guys don't shoot well. The general response was that the Mavs were the best team in league and I was simply nitpicking.

Im certainly not a BHill hater but i do think that ultimately the progression of this franchise will require him to step aside.

That said i think it is incredibley disrespectful for the club to be "talking" to other coaches while Hill still has a job. If they have decided to go in a different direction then fire Hill and get on with it, put everone out of there misery. To be talking to other potential coaches while Hill is still "working" on "his team" is shocking, embarassing and reflects badly on all involved. Could you imagine in your job if you knew that they were holding interviews to replace you while you went about your daily work for their company?

Do the right thing Magic. Either fire Hill or release a statement saying he is definately here to stay. this limbo land helps nobody.

agreed. Decency says says let the man go with some honor. If they really are considering keeping him they are setting him up to be even a weaker coach than he already was. There are enough good candidates for them to know they can get better.

I guess the magic take Bhill to other posiion in the organization. and maybe, JUST ,AYBE, that