Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

remaining MLE money,we can now offer someone a 3 year, 6 million dollar contract/who?

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

Barnes would be my top chose at the moment... I also like flip murry... I am not high on von, from what I seen, but I haven't seen much... Carney can shot and has the physical tools to play but he can't dribble. Von seems to have more handle...

To me Flip is an upgrade from AJ. Can anyone tell me why he can never stick with a team for very long??

Looking at the stats I will be happy with any 3 out of Barnes, Kleiza, or Von Wafer

Barnes 6-7 age 29

.423 FG% .343 3pt% 5.5 RPG .68 ST 10.2 pts

Kleiza 6-8 age 24

.447 FG% .326 3pt% 4 RPG .38 ST 9.9 pts

Von Wafer 6-5 age 23

.447 FG% .390 3pt% 1.8 RPG .63 ST 9.7 pts

As you can see there is not much of a difference between the players. Von Wafer is the best 3 point shooter and Barns is a better rebounder. The nack on Von Wafer is that he might be an undersized SG at 6-5 and he does not have the best D in the world. Barns has the ability to play the SF and the SG position. And Kleiza has the ability to play SF and the PF position. So its just a matter on what Otis is looking for.

i was originally a barnes guy, but now im more for wafer

barnes imo is basically a poor mans pietrus, i cant think of anything that barnes would give us that pietrus doesnt do better, wafer brings something different to this team, he would be a legitimate scoring threat off the bench and has nice potential as a scorer

he could remind a lot of people here of lee if he can become a better defender

if we cant get wafer, kleiza would be cool

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

barnes imo is basically a poor mans pietrus, i cant think of anything that barnes would give us that pietrus doesnt do better, wafer brings something different to this team, he would be a legitimate scoring threat off the bench and has nice potential as a scorer

barnes, wafer, kleiza in that order for me. i like barnes' versatility. it allows us to play around with lineups more. plus barnes is a solid rebounder. in the playoffs, we weren't being beaten because we were being outscored, we were beaten because we gave teams too many second chance opportunities with missed rebounds. so yeah. i'm all for rebounding and defense this time around. we have such a strong offense that we'll score a lot.

Ughhhh I do not know who I want!!

I have no idea of Rodney Carney's game, how good is he? His stats dont look impressive, is that because of Minnesota?

Any update on Barnes? Is he still expected to sign with us? Cavs probably pushing hard for him, and Mo Williams tweeted yesterday "Matt Barnes would be a good look for Cavs"

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I have no idea of Rodney Carney's game, how good is he? His stats dont look impressive, is that because of Minnesota?

Any update on Barnes? Is he still expected to sign with us? Cavs probably pushing hard for him, and Mo Williams tweeted yesterday "Matt Barnes would be a good look for Cavs"

cavs have been rumored to be signing every free agent available this offseason. so far all they've added was Anthony Parker. if i had to bet, this is just another rumor. they're probably giving the illusion that they're serious about free agents to keep bron happy for now.

quote:

Mo Williams on the bench would be a better look for the cavs. Mo is just a undersized SG chucker trying to play the point. It took two all stars getting injured for him to make the team...luckly that wont happen again based on his disapperance from the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

cavs have been rumored to be signing every free agent available this offseason. so far all they've added was Anthony Parker. if i had to bet, this is just another rumor. they're probably giving the illusion that they're serious about free agents to keep bron happy for now.

I hadn't heard anything about Anthony Parker deal being official. So I don't think they got him either.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hadn't heard anything about Anthony Parker deal being official. So I don't think they got him either.

They have Parker in the same way we have Bass.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They have Parker in the same way we have Bass.

wait. wut?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

barnes, wafer, kleiza in that order for me. i like barnes' versatility. it allows us to play around with lineups more. plus barnes is a solid rebounder. in the playoffs, we weren't being beaten because we were being outscored, we were beaten because we gave teams too many second chance opportunities with missed rebounds. so yeah. i'm all for rebounding and defense this time around. we have such a strong offense that we'll score a lot.

Ok if we did get Barnes, where would he fit in the rotation? If we moved Lewis back to the 3 and Carter is our 2 most likely Pietrus will backup both the 2 and 3 playing about 24 minutes. I believe Pietrus has earned that 6th man role. If Bass starts then Anderson will back him up with the remaining minutes. So where does Barnes fit in our rotation? Unless he takes Johnson minutes and we dont play with a backup pg in our rotation and just let Carter and Nelson run the offense. I just dont see where he would get any minutes.