Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

MAGIC HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED BRANDON BASS - APOLOGIES DUE TO THE HOBO

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Ric_Flair_-_Wooooo.jpg

this is my fav one, and also pec, barnes>jj.. and it doesn't matter who talks to him first unless his agent is insane, i'd still like to have him, and for about 3 people, tell me why RA can't back up the 3?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

We would still have to take back a contract. Right? so we still take on money we don't need to spend. Who will we trade him for? If we get Barnes and Ratliff. Ra is already going to not be getting much minutes.

Is it your money that's being spent? If the Magic ownership is willing to pay Gortat 5.9m now for the chance to get a different piece worth 5.9m later, why would that affect you at all?

Can you imagine Houston growing so needy for a quality center that they throw in one of their exceptionally talented, defensive minded SF's?

It's a dream that keeps me warm at night.

Actually, I want no part of Ariza at this point.

As stated multiple times though, if a set of trades centered on "Marcin Gortat for Shane Battier" were to happen, I'd personally be willing to drive Marcin to Houston, and then drive Shane back to Orlando.

And I live in Maryland.

You have to think that the Rocket would at least listen to the idea. They just signed Ariza, they have no chance of making the playoffs, and they desperately need a starting center. I would imagine that Otis has already talked to them on a couple of occasions.

Trading a rather expensive contract to fill a gaping hole in their rotation makes sense for both teams.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

[it's not. The total value of the contract, assuming max raises, can be calculated as:

x + 1.08x + 1.16x + 1.24x = 18.5m, where x is equal to the first year salary.

Where did you get that formula...

Wouldn't it be

x x 1.08 = The average raise eeach year?

Using 5 as x isnt it

5 x .08 = 400,000 wouldnt that be the same raise each year? when i read the CBA or LArry Coons Website..

MID-LEVEL SALARY EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract equal to the average salary, even if they are over the cap (see question number 24 for the definition of "average salary." Also note that for 2005-06 they used a defined figure of $5 million). This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts of up to five years in length, and raises are limited to 8% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year. For example, a team can sign a player to a five-year contract using this exception and still use the exception the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 20 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

8% is equal to .08. So what I wrote was an equation for the numbers based on that. 1.08x would be x +8%. 1.16x would be x +8% twice.

ahhh...ok.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

About friggin time! Finally a banger that is not afraid to mix it up and watch Dwight's back.

The key to the NBA finals!!!!!!!!! Yes...our missing link man!!!

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Disgusting, we overpaid for a 4th big who can't play center when we already have our backup PF.

Just a pathetic move

Not really.

quote:

Disgusting, we overpaid for a 4th big who can't play center when we already have our backup PF.

Just a pathetic move

Lewis and Anderson don't play big, Bass does.

quote:

Just a pathetic move

First of all, no He doesn't. More likely, you hate Him.

Second, this is a foolish post. 4th big? Can't play center?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

Just a pathetic move

First of all, no He doesn't. More likely, you hate Him.

Second, this is a foolish post. 4th big? Can't play center?

He's 6'8 and not a shot blocking presence whatsoever.

His rebound rate is mediocre at best.

Anderson >>>>> Bass

if we're moving shard back to the 3, this is a stupid move