Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

VC @ NASCAR

amazingly the commentators made several basketball references and even had a picture of dwight and jameer at the slam dunk contest.

The picture was edited with one of the commentators head on nelsons body.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

If you like watching stock-cars take multiple left-turns for 3 hours, then you'll like NASCAR.

If you like watching people throw a ball into a circle, you'll like basketball too. Theres obviously MUCH more to NASCAR than making left turns. Im not a die hard fan of NASCAR, but I understand enough of the sport to respect the strategy and skill it takes to be a competitor in those races.

btw a pace car is simply a car that controls the pace of the race cars. It is considered a safety car, and comes out when something happens that would deem necessary for the cars to slow down (wreck, debris on track, etc.) I kind of doubt he will be doing this all race, and am sure Vince will most likely only drive the pace car to start the race.

Redneck.

/sarcasm/

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:

If you like watching stock-cars take multiple left-turns for 3 hours, then you'll like NASCAR.

If you like watching people throw a ball into a circle, you'll like basketball too. Theres obviously MUCH more to NASCAR than making left turns. Im not a die hard fan of NASCAR, but I understand enough of the sport to respect the strategy and skill it takes to be a competitor in those races.

btw a pace car is simply a car that controls the pace of the race cars. It is considered a safety car, and comes out when something happens that would deem necessary for the cars to slow down (wreck, debris on track, etc.) I kind of doubt he will be doing this all race, and am sure Vince will most likely only drive the pace car to start the race.

Redneck.

/sarcasm/

Genius

/sarcasm

They made a pretty big intro for Vince at the track, not sure if it was on TV, should've been.

Also, NASCAR is a lot more than making left turns. Sometimes it's boring on TV because you can't watch a team the whole race. But if you go to one, you can watch a certain team the whole time and see the strategy with using the draft, going in for two tires instead of four, etc.

Plus, it's like a college football tailgate party, except it lasts three days instead of five hours.

quote:
AP Photo 1 day ago

Orlando Magic basketball player Vince Carter prepares to drive a pace car prior to the start of the NASCAR Coke Zero 400 auto race at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. , Saturday, July 4, 2009.

vincecarternascar2.jpg

quote:
Getty Images 1 day ago

DAYTONA BEACH, FL - JULY 04: Vince Carter, NBA star, drives the official pace car prior to the start of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 51st Annual Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 4, 2009 in Daytona Beach, Florida.

vincecarternascar1.jpg