Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Brian Hill Sighting: Coach Was In His Office --- And Not To Clean It Out (Schmitz)

Brian Hill Sighting: Coach Was In His Office --- And Not To Clean It Out

Posted on May 8, 2007 3:56:30 PM

Estranged Magic Coach Brian Hill was seen in his office Monday at RDV Sportsplex, still working.

Club VP of public relations Joel Glass confirmed the Hill sighting.

Hill has refused to talk about his "situation" to the media.

It is essentially Day Six of Coach In Limbo. We broke the story for Orlando Sentinel.com on May 2, with club President Bob Vander Weide telling us, "People ask me if Brian Hill will be back as our coach. All I can say is that I have no answer for that right now."

And apparently there isn't going to be one for a while longer, I hear. Vander Weide said the "process" might take two to three weeks.

Nice to know Brian still has a parking spot and a desk, however.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/05/brian_hill_sigh.html

Brian Hill Sighting: Coach Was In His Office --- And Not To Clean It Out

Posted on May 8, 2007 3:56:30 PM

Estranged Magic Coach Brian Hill was seen in his office Monday at RDV Sportsplex, still working.

Club VP of public relations Joel Glass confirmed the Hill sighting.

Hill has refused to talk about his "situation" to the media.

It is essentially Day Six of Coach In Limbo. We broke the story for Orlando Sentinel.com on May 2, with club President Bob Vander Weide telling us, "People ask me if Brian Hill will be back as our coach. All I can say is that I have no answer for that right now."

And apparently there isn't going to be one for a while longer, I hear. Vander Weide said the "process" might take two to three weeks.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/05/brian_hill_sigh.html

That is interesting and I guess we can lump this in here as opposed to starting a new thread...

From Marc Stein's chat:

Brad (maitland): Can the Magic make a decision already about Brian Hill?

Marc Stein: Hill's departure will happen by week's end. (I think.)

This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Haha... this is hilarious. This reminds me of the 2000 election. "Bush won Florida. No wait, now Gore has won. Hold on, now it's too close to call. Wait... now Gore has won. Hold on a second, now Bush has won."

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Haha... this is hilarious. This reminds me of the 2000 election. "Bush won Florida. No wait, now Gore has won. Hold on, now it's too close to call. Wait... now Gore has won. Hold on a second, now Bush has won."

Man, you know you have bad choices when their names are both 4-letter words.

Kinda like "Hill".

For Schmidtz to take shots at Otis this morning and Brian this afternoon. He must have an idea how this is going to end, I don't think this is the type of thing that Brian Hill would find funny if he returned.

quote:

Is it just me or are the Magic screwing up the situation. This is starting to look bad, they can't even fire a coach right. I don't know what this lingering is accomplishing.

If they keep him, they destroyed his credibility and will be blamed if he fails. If they fire him or move him up, they will rightly be accussed of letting the man hang dry for two weeks in limbo.

Looks like the Magic are in for another no-win situation.

It's bad if they intend to fire him and not 'suggest he take a job in the front office (like answering phones and such).'