Sign in to follow this  
Rafael17222

Garnett for Grant?

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

How many times has Garnett even made it out of the first round of the playoffs? Where has he been the last couple of years? I'll tell you where, "He's been out Fishing, with Barkley and Kenny". Don't get me wrong, he's an outstanding player, but I think he is one of those guys (Barkley, Ewing, Malone) that no matter what, will never get a ring. And if he is caring that "curse", I don't want him anywhere near this team.

yeah, Darko made it to the finals with a ring too.

but seriously, its too early to give up on Darko right now. perhaps by Febuary, by then we already have a closer look at him.

HEY EGG NOGS.....

Darko is in his first year. How long did it take Dwight to play good. Wait for it, he is still working on it Dwight can't even get out of a double team without turning the ball over.....Darko has a lot of talent that needs to be exploited....Give him some time......9 games, 9 f'ing games, we have the second best record in the East and we want to change our whole lineup.

I don't get it, what where you guys expecting, go perfect.......Come'on it won't happen. I agree that the team has things to work on, but please. We are on pace to go 55-27......If you don't like that, or if you are not happy with that, then you should stop writting/reading this site now.

It just upsets me a bit to see so much doubt and questioning when the team IS winning.

There's only three things that they need to change right now.

1) Dwight and his inavility to get out of a double team without a turn over. Teams are killing us, stopping our superstar every game. Yet we still win. Oh and stop putting the ball low, under the waist, he get's picked out almost everytime.

2) Darko needs to wake up. He needs to realize how good he can be and play like it. More passion, more fire.

3) Turnovers.....Hold on to the damn ball and don't let it go.

My god. You know, some of you make me wonder. I have no doubt that 90% of you guys would shoot down a Grant Hill for '84 Micheal Jordan trade because it would mess up the chemistry.

Pairing KG with Howard would be sick. We would get rid of a HUGE contract in Hill AND another possible huge contract in Darko. But you guys are so freakin scared of change its amazing. The lineup of....

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Kevin Garnett

SF: Hedo Turkaglu

SG: J.J. Redick(in time)

PG: Jameer Nelson

....Would be unmatchable. Who are you going to double team? And if you do, we have the shooters to make you pay.

But that would mean change.

oooooohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo!

"I dont want a championship, because that would mess up our chemistry"

TheGodfather

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

How many times has Garnett even made it out of the first round of the playoffs? Where has he been the last couple of years? I'll tell you where, "He's been out Fishing, with Barkley and Kenny". Don't get me wrong, he's an outstanding player, but I think he is one of those guys (Barkley, Ewing, Malone) that no matter what, will never get a ring. And if he is caring that "curse", I don't want him anywhere near this team.

With the exception of one year KG has never had anyone around him. KG is and always will be the ultimate sidekick, he's Pippen not Jordan.

This will never go down, I believe the rumor around the league is draft picks and young talent will be what it takes to get him. Bulls or Lakers are my bet. Just for fun though, if it were realistic I'm kinda torn on this. I don't like trading young for old but you really have to go after a chance at a title because it's such a rare thing. Miami did it and they have a title to show for it now. The flip side of that is past this year (or maybe even this year) they are going no where.

quote:
Originally posted by TheGodfather:

My god. You know, some of you make me wonder. I have no doubt that 90% of you guys would shoot down a Grant Hill for '84 Micheal Jordan trade because it would mess up the chemistry.

Pairing KG with Howard would be sick. We would get rid of a HUGE contract in Hill AND another possible huge contract in Darko. But you guys are so freakin scared of change its amazing. The lineup of....

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Kevin Garnett

SF: Hedo Turkaglu

SG: J.J. Redick(in time)

PG: Jameer Nelson

....Would be unmatchable. Who are you going to double team? And if you do, we have the shooters to make you pay.

But that would mean change.

oooooohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo!

"I dont want a championship, because that would mess up our chemistry"

TheGodfather

While I too would do this trade...you would be picking up a HUGE payroll in KG vs losing a HUGE payroll in GH after this year.

In order for DM to really get better, he needs minutes. Look at what playing has done for DH. Giving DM 15-20 mpg is not what we need. He needs 30-35 min (as long as he isn't in FT).

Of course this is all water-cooler spec & fun chat, but for the record I would do the DM & GH trade for KG in a New. York. Minute.

DM's upside? Upside-schmupside. I'll take it now - and we're young enough everywhere else so that the Miami scenario doesn't wash.

i just want to enjoy the moment...It's been a longggggggggg time!!!!!

Garnett...would not be a bad choice...

The same could be said for Carter...

Be patient and see what we really need...

I know it's all hypothetical...

But I'm having to much fun with this team...

If change is needed... I'll be the first one to admit it...

But for now ...IT"S GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

who is jack daniel ....I mean is he an employee of the magic or related enterprise...a nice guy seemingly but the blandest, go nowhere comments....sounds like pr

I may be wrong. But let's have informed, critical commentary from such a frequent contributor

It's just my opinion ...And I'm just a fan..

sorry ...I don't write stories ...It takes to long ...I state what I BELIEVE...

And I BELIEVE IN MAGIC...Do YOU?

Please take no offense...cause I mean none

I try to be positive about our team ...that's where I'm at...

Enjoy our new beginning...seay

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Check out my sig. and you'll see where I come from ...and where I'm going...Thanks JD