Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info (ESPN) Update pg.11(Best F.A. remaining)

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I still don't understand how 4 @ $36 Mil in unsatisfactory to Hedo. He has a child and a wife, what exactly is his family going to need?

As I understand it, the offer was actually a 4 year/36m extension, which would've amounted to a 5yr/43.6m deal.

And to answer your question, I can't imagine what Hedo is thinking if he thinks he's getting better than that.

I think we have another D. Stevenson on our hands tbh.

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I don't find any of this being "inside info" just opinions.

It isn't but ESPN calls it Insider because you have to pay to read the opinions of their so called experts. Some times they do have inside info, but this one just looks like opinions based on a few inside rumors.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I don't find any of this being "inside info" just opinions.

It isn't but ESPN calls it Insider because you have to pay to read the opinions of their so called experts. Some times they do have inside info, but this one just looks like opinions based on a few inside rumors.

It's simple...if you don't like it or value the opinion's of those in the know then don't respond or click on the thread...honestly, I see other threads that I think are bullcrap but I don't post that it is...I think most people on these boards are smart enough to figure it out...

If that's how you deal with them, that's your style then fine. I comment when I feel like doing it.

The only difference about this one is that it originally looked like and sounded like we had real inside info. It was a little deceiving. In the end people are allowed and encouraged to have and opinion and posting it here, right? that's the point of the forums.

otownmagic333 had an opinion, I agreed, that is all.

WOW!!...Ric Bucher has Hedo Turkoglu rated Numer ONE on his free agent list...

quote:

1. Hedo Turkoglu, SF/PF, Magic (UFA)

His game: Playmaking forward who is as close to LeBron James as any 30-year-old in the league can be. Very good passer but a better scorer, particularly in the clutch. Has complete face-up game -- 3s off the dribble, pull-up jumpers and the ability to finish at the rim. Size and length discourage most teams from attacking him defensively, but without a shot-blocker behind him, he's an easy mark.

Right system: In short: Orlando's. Doesn't have stamina to orchestrate offense all night but is fearless when needed. Has to have shooters spacing the floor because his handle is shaky in traffic. Also needs a strong team-defense concept.

Wrong system: A point guard-dominated one or any emphasizing pick-and-rolls or a drive-and-kick style in which he's not directly involved. Loses much of his value if he's merely a spot-up threat or a third option. Up-tempo is not his strength, either, because he has amazing skills but average athleticism for a small forward/power forward.

Best fits: Magic, Pistons, Blazers, Grizzlies, Bucks

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I still want and am hoping Turk returns...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...ews/story?id=4293663

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

WOW!!...Ric Bucher has Hedo Turkoglu rated Numer ONE on his free agent list...

quote:

1. Hedo Turkoglu, SF/PF, Magic (UFA)

His game: Playmaking forward who is as close to LeBron James as any 30-year-old in the league can be. Very good passer but a better scorer, particularly in the clutch. Has complete face-up game -- 3s off the dribble, pull-up jumpers and the ability to finish at the rim. Size and length discourage most teams from attacking him defensively, but without a shot-blocker behind him, he's an easy mark.

Right system: In short: Orlando's. Doesn't have stamina to orchestrate offense all night but is fearless when needed. Has to have shooters spacing the floor because his handle is shaky in traffic. Also needs a strong team-defense concept.

Wrong system: A point guard-dominated one or any emphasizing pick-and-rolls or a drive-and-kick style in which he's not directly involved. Loses much of his value if he's merely a spot-up threat or a third option. Up-tempo is not his strength, either, because he has amazing skills but average athleticism for a small forward/power forward.

Best fits: Magic, Pistons, Blazers, Grizzlies, Bucks

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I still want and am hoping Turk returns...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...ews/story?id=4293663

Well my days of not taking Rick Bucher's opinion seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

quote:
His game: Playmaking forward who is as close to LeBron James as any 30-year-old in the league can be.

Oh my freakin god Bucher.

with this write up, Turk should get signed for $100M+, lol. "Complete face up game"? "..ability to finish at the rim"? "Size and length discourage most teams from attaacking him defensively"? C'mon man. These are all qualities of a SUPERSTAR!!! Wow. His agent is going to have a field day with this.

Very evident that Bucher doesn't watch Magic games and only see highlights.

Turk is good, but he's not "close to Lebron James", lol. WOW.

I guess he didn't see Wally taking Turk to school back-to-back-to-back, lol.

quote:

5. Rasheed Wallace, PF/C, Pistons (UFA)

His game: Unlimited jump-shooting range with ability to turn and score over either shoulder in the post. Excellent help and on-the-ball defender when he's in the mood; has strength to play behind and length to three-quarters on the block. Smartest all-around post defender in the league.

Right system: Half-court, slower tempo, now that age has cut his endurance. Requires a commanding, battle-tested coach because he won't hesitate to go off the reservation at the first whiff of uncertainty or incompetence. Needs an aggressive No. 1 offensive option because he would rather play off a star than be one. A team and coach with a defensive focus are important to keep him committed to the cause.

Wrong system: One without clearly defined roles. Or a team that relies on him night in and night out, offensively or defensively, or with a coach still learning the ropes.

Best fits: Celtics, Mavericks, Spurs, Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Being number one on Bucher's list is like bragging that you are dating the prettiest girl in Pittsburgh.

TruckOfFail.jpg

I think another thing to point out is that 10 of the 20 would be good fits on the Magic.

If Otis does not sign at least 6 of them I will be greatly disappointed.