Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan57

Who's door will the Magic target first come July 1?

They should knock on my door. I will happily accept the veterans minimum.

I have no idea how it will play out, but if I were Otis (and thankfully I'm not) this would be my plan of action.

12:01 am

"Dice, this is Otis Smith. We'll give you just over a million dollars and a ring to come to Orlando and play next to Dwight Howard."

12:02 am

"Sheed, how are you? The entire basketball world knows you'll be perfect next to Dwight, and fit in perfectly within our style of play. What will it take to bring you to Orlando?"

12:03 am - depending on the reaction of the first two calls

"Brandon, we'll give you the full MLE to come to Orlando, shore up our rebounding woes, play next to Dwight, and win multiple championships. How does that sound?"

Then I'd go to bed, wake up and see what offers Gortat fielded. Then depending on the offer, how negotiations with the above 3 players, decide on whether or not to match. Or I might match anyway providing us with a very tradeable asset.

ROFL Lewis!

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

poo_bag.jpg

turks door

It's poop again!

He called the $#!^ poop!

::laughing::

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

poo_bag.jpg

turks door

haha

The Sun Chips thing was still the funniest.

Yes,I remember the Sun Chips.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I have no idea how it will play out, but if I were Otis (and thankfully I'm not) this would be my plan of action.

12:01 am

"Dice, this is Otis Smith. We'll give you just over a million dollars and a ring to come to Orlando and play next to Dwight Howard."

12:02 am

"Sheed, how are you? The entire basketball world knows you'll be perfect next to Dwight, and fit in perfectly within our style of play. What will it take to bring you to Orlando?"

12:03 am - depending on the reaction of the first two calls

"Brandon, we'll give you the full MLE to come to Orlando, shore up our rebounding woes, play next to Dwight, and win multiple championships. How does that sound?"

Then I'd go to bed, wake up and see what offers Gortat fielded. Then depending on the offer, how negotiations with the above 3 players, decide on whether or not to match. Or I might match anyway providing us with a very tradeable asset.

ROFL Lewis!

That would be a great night in my mind

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i really hope they have Bass ahead of Sheed. im worried that sheed has nothing left

I hope not, unless you are specifically looking for bench help. I don't think you can play Bass at the PF with Dwight at the 5; he doesn't have a good enough mid-range, or 3-point range to open up the middle for Dwight.

Now, back to the original question, whose door do you knock on, and whose do you leave alone.

David Lee - restricted free agent, so would tie up money until NY decides to match or not, but potentially the best free agent PF to play with Dwight long term. Possibly part of a sign & trade?

Gortat - probably too good to only play 8-12 minutes a game; but can't play at the same time as Dwight - so at best you try for a sign & trade.

Sheed - potentially the best fit, but will he come without a guarantee of starting? Age could be a concern. Offer of 3 years max.

McDyess - next best fit, but same disclaimers of starting/age. Offer of 2 years max.