Sign in to follow this  
BriceC0815

Magic to pursue Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass

I'm calling it now.. your 2009-2010 Defending Eastern Conference Champion Orlando Magic.

C. Dwight Howard/Sheed/Foyle?

PF. Rasheed Wallace/Anderson/Bass/(Rashard)

SF. Rashard Lewis/Pietrus/(Carter)/(Anderson)

SG. Vince Carter/Pietrus/Redick

PG. Jameer Nelson/A.J./? ? ?

Think about the versatility. Sheed can play PF or C. Both Anderson and Shard can play either Forward spot. Both VC and MP can play SG or SF.

Anderson will be like "Mini Shard" off the bench and stretch the floor. Yet, he can still play hard on the inside and rebound.

If we need to go big and conventional off the bench, we'll use Bass. Yet, he can still stroke the mid range jumper.

Literally the only problem this team would have is, we still need a 2nd or 3rd string PG now that Alston's gone. Preferably a young one.

But the point remains, this roster:

NBA Championship.

I think us as Magic fans need to do something. We need to email him or send him letters. Is he on twitter or facebook or anything? There has to be a way to contact him! If everyone on this board told him how much of a difference he can make on this team I really think it would sway his decision.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Well, Tim Povtak is a good source as he used to be the Magic beatwriter for the Sentinel...he also is the guy that broke the news about Devos willingness to go over the luxury tax.

I trust this news...

I'm not sure if this was in response to what I said or not BJ. I completely trust what Potvak says. He's one of my favorite writers.

I don't see any way we sign both guys. I think Rasheed can be had for a fairly cheap price. I can't imagine anyone giving him a 8 mil a year contract. In my mind he would be the best choice for our system despite his age. He spreads the floor just as well as any of our perimeter players and we lose NOTHING on the defensive end or on the glass. To the contrary, we will dominate those parts of the game. Mark it down, if we sign Rasheed, the Magic have the number one overall defense in the league next season. Now think about that and factor in the overwhelming offense we already have. I know....scary.

Brandon Bass is a very good player but the only real advantage he has over Rasheed is he is younger and would be more of a long term solution....which is great. He just doesn't bring all the things that Rasheed does. He's also likely to cost most if not all of the midlevel exception. Young big men don't take paycuts to play for championships.

Sheed or Bass. Im gettin buterflies in my stomach. Im not kiddin Sheed is also one of my fave players. But idk if his attitude wuld fit. Hes like a COACH to the players. Hes an outstandin forward tho. Bass looks like a TANK butidk much bout him. All i know is this magic team is turning into a dream team for me. Not TOO much, but enough to make it.

N about PGs id say keep it with Johnson backin up Jameer. if we have to we can put reddick or VC at point(i think).

GO FUKIN MAGIC!!

Much like Vince, I feel that if Sheed were placed on another championship contender, it would completely rejuvenate his play.

Signing him guaransheeds us a return to the Finals. Then we wouldn't allow sissy Pau to push us around.

And if his toughness isn't enough of an incentive to sign him, think about how great it would be for the Orlando crowd to chant "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEED" when he's taking a three.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

If we loose Hedo without doing an S&T, and Wallace is happy to come for the vets min, then why not both icon_wink.gif

Bass for MLE, or part there of and Sheed for the vet min.

But resigning Hedo should still be #1 priority, but not for 50 over 5. He should get a 3 year contract, 4 max, at around 8-9.

That's what Turk was offerred and he turned it down. Hence, Vince Carter. I'm pretty sure Turk is a goner. We made an offer, he declined, we moved on. Now, if he comes back, we can't afford the same offer so he either takes a paycut to stay, or bounces. Turk did this to himself.

As far as the article, I also read it as they would go after both players, not 1 OR the other. Dwight, Sheed, Bass, Anderson - looks good to me. Makes you wonder what'll happen with Gortat. I hope we keep him.

ahhhhhhhh so many options, lol. good problem to have though.

Disagree they can still offer for Hedo, but if he comes back to them it will be for around 7.5 to 8 million not the 9 million that he was already offered.

As to Wallace he was talking about retirement if Detroit didn't want him. Sounded like he was really tired of playing any more.

First of all, Sheed is one of my favorite players... and if you think about it, he's like the player version of SVG: Hot-headed, passionate, hight b-ball IQ, loves the game. I think as long as they understood that, they'd put up with each other yelling and what not.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

Why in God's name are we not targeting McDyess? Seriously?

Cause Dice makes carter look like a young gun he is so old.

Not hating on the guy, love to see em here, but to me it is the same as sheed. We just brought in 32 year old carter, now its time to inject some strong youth at the PF.

Give me bass baby!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

think about how great it would be for the Orlando crowd to chant "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEED" when he's taking a three.

It may take me a while to hear that noise and not wince. Usually bad things immediately followed that noise when they played against the Magic.