Sign in to follow this  
BriceC0815

Magic to pursue Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass

I like wallace but I have been watching bass. He is a stud at 24yrs old. He has a lot years to grow with howard. He can shoot mid range. He is in the top twenty in fts. Phisyical and get to the line. He is very quick for his size, with the ablity to take a few dribbles, and blocks shots. If he get the playing time he will product. Big time energy guy to top it off.

Think Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason; put together. He would replace the youth traded away with lee.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

I like wallace but I have been watching bass. He is a stud at 24yrs old. He has a lot years to grow with howard. He can shoot mid range. He is in the top twenty in fts. Phisyical and get to the line. He is very quick for his size, with the ablity to take a few dribbles, and blocks shots. If he get the playing time he will product. Big time energy guy to top it off.

Think Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason; put together. He would replace the youth traded away with lee.

Agree with all. He will be a great player for us if we can pull it off.

Wow Junkie, I didn't even think about that interpretation, but it says that they are going to extend offers to BOTH Sheed and Bass.

I suppose if we have decided against resigning Hedo, that frees up about 9 million a year. And if Gortat is out for sure too, that's another 3-5 million we would have earmarked for him.

I hope we at least pursue both of them.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

A friend of mine read this article and interpreted it as the Magic were gonna try to sign "BOTH" of these guys.

Anybody else get that impression...?

Now that would be GREAT because Bass could back up Sheed Anderson could back up Shard and Pietrus can back up Carter but I doubt it.....but hey you never know

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Wow Junkie, I didn't even think about that interpretation, but it says that they are going to extend offers to BOTH Sheed and Bass.

I suppose if we have decided against resigning Hedo, that frees up about 9 million a year. And if Gortat is out for sure too, that's another 3-5 million we would have earmarked for him.

I hope we at least pursue both of them.

They're both different frontcourt players with different styles...sounds good to me!!!

If we loose Hedo without doing an S&T, and Wallace is happy to come for the vets min, then why not both icon_wink.gif

Bass for MLE, or part there of and Sheed for the vet min.

But resigning Hedo should still be #1 priority, but not for 50 over 5. He should get a 3 year contract, 4 max, at around 8-9.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

that's what Ryan Anderson is for. People seem to overlook him a lot when evaluating this trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

If we loose Hedo without doing an S&T, and Wallace is happy to come for the vets min, then why not both icon_wink.gif

Bass for MLE, or part there of and Sheed for the vet min.

But resigning Hedo should still be #1 priority, but not for 50 over 5. He should get a 3 year contract, 4 max, at around 8-9.

The skinny is that he turned down 4/36 mil. Hes gone pal.