Sign in to follow this  
BriceC0815

Magic to pursue Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass

quote:
Originally posted by BakoMagic:

wat bout Marquis Daniels the pacers (per realgm) did not pick up his option does anyone think we should pick him up to back up the sg.

well, he's definetly better than redick...that's not even debateable for most sane individuals. He's also a local guy...i think he has 407 tatted on his back.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

would you people rather have Bass or Gortat?

Gortat. Especially if we land Sheed. If we don't get Sheed, or McDyess (if I keep mentioning his name maybe we'll target him) then obviously you hope you get both Bass and Gortat.

Daniels would be nice, but we need to add a player who will start for us. I don't like Pietrus in the starting lineup, it takes away our only scoring from the bench and he tends to get in foul trouble as a starter.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by BakoMagic:

wat bout Marquis Daniels the pacers (per realgm) did not pick up his option does anyone think we should pick him up to back up the sg.

well, he's definetly better than redick...that's not even debateable for most sane individuals. He's also a local guy...i think he has 407 tatted on his back.

Depending on what happens with the PF situation, Pietrus is the backup 2. No need for Daniels.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Mdaniels.jpg <-----Marquis Daniels

come on, this guy is dying to play here. He would be a solid back up.

He and Haslem both have Florida on their backs? Could you imagine them in the same locker room (and I don't mean the showers Berto!)?

i like the s/t hedo for either bass or sheed. then what about another s/t gortat for george hill and fillers? spurs desperately needs some size to go along with duncan and we need a stud back up pg. win/win situation. we even give the lakers a lot of trouble which i like very much.

I love this news.

We're not content with what we had last year, we're blowing this team up in a good way.

A lineup of:

Meer/FA?/AJ

VC/JJ

Shard/MP

Sheed or Bass/Anderson

D12/Sheed or Bass/FA?/Foyle

... would make me weak at the knees.

Sure, we lose Lee, Turk, Gortat, and Alston (plus dead-weight), but I dare say that this new lineup would be more championship worthy.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

Gortat, but Bass wouldn't be bad either.

bass because he can play next to howard. He can shoot and is more of an energy guy.

Not crazy about Sheed. Dwight has enough problems with his temperment racking up T's. Wallace would only perpetuate this attitude. Plus at this point with the baggage he brings, he is not the same player he was on the Detroit Championship team. Bringing him in alongside vince, reminds me of the makeup of the 04 lakers. Great players in the past, who are now at the end of their career jumping on board of an already talented team thinking a championship is a forgone conclusion.

quote:

to answer my own question, I want BOTH. Forget Sheed.

the play at the :53 mark won me over. I want Bass over everyone that's out there. DAM!!!!

Imagine a front court of: Dwight, Anderson, Gortat, & Bass for the next 5 yrs.