Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

The link has been updated and the proposed trade now includes

wait for it...

Ryan Anderson...

I like Anderson, hes got a sweet shot and is a decent rebounder.

I just dont like the inclusion of Lee in this trade.

But Anderson in this deal makes it easier for me to digest

I just threw it up in the ESPN thing and it says the trade failed so they must just be throwing stuff out there.

Dammit man, I was actually liking this deal with Anderson in it.

Maybe we are throwing that trade exception in or something, but if we are giving up Lee, I want a young talent in return and I like Ryan.

Not worth it with Lee involved. We have a current core with an aspect with Rashard and Hedo (if he resigns), but our future core is Dwight, Clee, Peaches and Jameer. We can be contenders for a long long long time on that.

Not CLee.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I love the rook but you guys really have to be kidding. We finally get a guy who can create his own shot, find someone to take Battie off our hands, and nip any PG controversies/chemistry issues in the bud. If we keep Hedo and add McDyess, we have to be the favorites to win it all. Carter scored 20.8ppg last year, and with all the help he will have in Orlando he will probably improve his shot selection.

Nelson/AJ/2nd round PG?

Carter/Pietrus/JJ

Hedo/Pietrus/Shard/Carter

Lewis/McDyess

Howard/Gortat? 2nd round big?

That lineup looks really solid to me. I HATE HATE HATE giving up Lee, but this makes us a lot better NOW, and we are in a championship window. And I seriously doubt New Jersey does this deal without Lee in the mix.

Magicfan83 you are dead on with this. You have to think window. Look at the teams that have won the past 10 years and they all have vet stacked teams with maybe one or two young guys. I HATE lossing Lee but to get a guy like VC and some cap options down the road with the structure of his deal you do it to win now. I agree you have to sign Turk to make this work.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The link has been updated and the proposed trade now includes

wait for it...

Ryan Anderson...

I like Anderson, hes got a sweet shot and is a decent rebounder.

I just dont like the inclusion of Lee in this trade.

But Anderson in this deal makes it easier for me to digest

I just threw it up in the ESPN thing and it says the trade failed so they must just be throwing stuff out there.

Dammit man, I was actually liking this deal with Anderson in it.

Maybe we are throwing that trade exception in or something, but if we are giving up Lee, I want a young talent in return and I like Ryan.

I was just thinking about that. Somebody needs to correct me if I am wrong but I think you could just trade the TE in a seperate deal for Ryan Anderson...

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Geez, guys.

When did Courtney Lee become Kobe Bryant? That was quick !!!

I love the kid, but I would understand the trade.

The Magic want to make sure that they have another championship run next year so that they have momentum for ticket sales going into the new arena.

In fact, I've never been a big VC fan, but come off the window ledge.

Can't say I'm hoping for the trade, but it's not as ridiculous as some would make it seem.

It's ridiculous if we don't sign and trade Hedo to fill holes.

Depends.

The other way this could be played is putting this back into Hedo's lap: do you want to win a championship? If so, then sign for us for less; otherwise enjoy the Washington rain.

The Magic may already feel like they have a veteran PF ready to sign, particularly if they can add VC to this lineup.

But your point is well taken. This could REALLY blow up in Otis' face if the rest of the dominos do not fall.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

This trade sucks:

1. VC giant contract (Can't resign Hedo)

2. Chauncey Billups

yeah if we do this trade hedo is all but gone, gortat is likely gone and we lose all depth because we have pietrus starting.

an AJ, JJ, ryan anderson bench isnt going to get us back to the finals.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

JJ fans unite! The argument is apparently a night away from ending. Wow. Just when I was a magic fan again, and finally started enjoying the NBA a little again. Nice talking to some of you on here. Looks like I'll be joining a Nets forum soon as well, and hoping Jay-z can somehow get Lebron to come play with Harris and Lee in 2010.

Superman can't be too happy about this...him and Lee were reportedly quite good friends.

part of being a fan of a team is sticking with team when they lose or make stupid decisions, if u wanna leave and be a nets fan... go right ahead....front runner

Actually, a lot of casual NBA fans, as I consider myself, switch favorite teams with their favorite player. Don't act so shocked. I would still like and follow the Magic, and with Carter, if he stays healthy and doesn't complain about touches a repeat Finals appearance not only could, but SHOULD be in the books next year.