Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Nets Offering Harris For 2nd Pick?

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

If this is true, then the Nets must be very high on Rubio.

If this is true, they're out of their mind... I mean, I love the kid, but it's impossible to say how much he'll be worth. Harris is very young, and almost an All-Star last year, he's improved a lot and he's still room... mindblogging if true.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

If this is true, then the Nets must be very high on Rubio.

If this is true, they're out of their mind... I mean, I love the kid, but it's impossible to say how much he'll be worth. Harris is very young, and almost an All-Star last year, he's improved a lot and he's still room... mindblogging if true.

Harris was a All-Star last year.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Rubio might not be that pick though...Harris was ballin last year until he got injured, interesting move here...dumping salary for a potential star in the draft and trying to gear up for 2010...

Doesn't Harris have a great contract for his production?

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why trade away a very young and talented allstar point guard to acquire a young point guard that is unproven? I'm baffled.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Rubio might not be that pick though...Harris was ballin last year until he got injured, interesting move here...dumping salary for a potential star in the draft and trying to gear up for 2010...

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why trade away a very young and talented allstar point guard to acquire a young point guard that is unproven? I'm baffled.

yea, it's not bad at all slightly more than Nelson's, but when you're cost cutting for Wade, Bosh, LBJ, it's one of those contracts that could hamper things...thats all...

Rubio has a ton of hype going in. I thought from the moment I saw him play in the Olympics that he was gonna be one hell of a player.

I must be one of the very few that don't think that highly of Harris.

Devin Harris > Ricky Rubio.

I mean can Rubio be the next Steve Nash? Maybe, but he could also be a complete bust. The Nets would be plain stupid to do that, even if it was for the 1st pick and Blake Griffin.

It doesn't matter if it's the #1 pick in the 2003 draft (LeBron). You don't trade an All-Star for a draft pick. You never know how these players are going to turn out.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

yea, it's not bad at all slightly more than Nelson's, but when you're cost cutting for Wade, Bosh, LBJ, it's one of those contracts that could hamper things...thats all...

That is what I was thinking too. How do they expect to be attractive to any of those players if they are gutting the team? Do they really think Vince at his age is enough of a draw?