Sign in to follow this  
redick7

JJ

Let's see..Jameer shouldn't play like he's 7 foot tall, AJ isn't 21 any more, Alston's teardrop leaves much to be desired but let's keep shooting it anyway, Hedo doesn't have 20/20 vision when the guards are open so let's hog the ball and lose it going to the hole, Courtney thinks he's a white boy who can't dunk so he misses the layup. Get my drift?

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Let's see..Jameer shouldn't play like he's 7 foot tall, AJ isn't 21 any more, Alston's teardrop leaves much to be desired but let's keep shooting it anyway, Hedo doesn't have 20/20 vision when the guards are open so let's hog the ball and lose it going to the hole, Courtney thinks he's a white boy who can't dunk so he misses the layup. Get my drift?

How in the world did we make it to the finals with these guys? You're absolutely right. JJ is the only player on this team that plays within his limits. I can't believe that I never realized this before. He should be playing 48 minutes a game. I can't believe that SVG keeps playing those other guys so much. I gotta tell ya though, your "Courtney thinks he's a white boy" statement could be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum.

Is it me, or does it seem to be a common practice among JJ fanatics to tear down other players on the team in defense of JJ?

I don't get it. Anyone says anything critical of JJ and you get a small group of posters jumping on them in full protect JJ mode like it's sacrilegious to say anything that doesn't come off as complete and unadulterated blind praise for the guy.

Yet they see nothing hypocritical about pointing out flaws in other players games.

And please, Gortat didn't improve? Really? The guy is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was when he first came to the Magic. Just in case you didn't know, Gortat was drafted in 2005 (Suns and traded to Orlando), but didn't show enough promise in summer leagues to earn a roster spot until 2007. We then sent him off to the D league to work on his game.

quote:

Did you just describe JJ?

I have been one of JJ's biggest fans on this board. IMO he is one of the smartest players on this team. What he lacks in athletic ability and physicality he makes up in intelligence, almost. He still lacks the ability to defend the post, but he has gotten better at denying the ball by fronting the post player.

He can be a great asset to a team who wants him. I believe there are very few players on this team that want him to get his. Gortat looks for JJ, very few others ever do. If the coach would know how to run him off picks and the players would look for him, I think he could easily average double figures without being too much of a liability on defense. There are players in the league that JJ can defend very well, ie. Ray Allen. He works his butt off and seems to never take a play off like many other players in the NBA and the Magic.

After 3 years on this team SVG still does not know how to use him properly consistently. I fear he will never learn how to. And that JJ will bite us in the rear when he goes to a team with a coach who does.

Like most JJ fans, I love the Magic and would like to have all our players used to maximize their strengths.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

I have been one of JJ's biggest fans on this board. IMO he is one of the smartest players on this team. What he lacks in athletic ability and physicality he makes up in intelligence, almost. He still lacks the ability to defend the post, but he has gotten better at denying the ball by fronting the post player.

He can be a great asset to a team who wants him. I believe there are very few players on this team that want him to get his. Gortat looks for JJ, very few others ever do. If the coach would know how to run him off picks and the players would look for him, I think he could easily average double figures without being too much of a liability on defense. There are players in the league that JJ can defend very well, ie. Ray Allen. He works his butt off and seems to never take a play off like many other players in the NBA and the Magic.

After 3 years on this team SVG still does not know how to use him properly consistently. I fear he will never learn how to. And that JJ will bite us in the rear when he goes to a team with a coach who does.

Like most JJ fans, I love the Magic and would like to have all our players used to maximize their strengths.

I like what JJ brings, as far as his intelligence, hustle, and threat on offense (perceived or real, other teams still respect his shot). That being said, do you really think Stan doesn't know how to utilize JJ, or is it more a case of JJ not quite fitting into the overall team game plan.

Let's be honest here, JJ is not one of the top players on the team, and the offense should be geared toward the strength of those players first and fore most. Everyone else pretty much plugs into the game plan. Now, I have seen Stan throw in a wrinkle or two for JJ, but he hasn't earned enough playing time (behind Lee and Pietrus) to warrant anything more in my opinion.

It isn't just a matter of how to use him, but also a matter of, does it make sense to change up the offense in a manner as to gear things toward a role player?

Now, not mentioned here, surprisingly, is how little certain players seem to look for JJ (I'm looking at you Hedo). I am surprised when Hedo actually passes the ball to a wide open JJ. Yes, Gortat does seem to look for JJ, and Alston seems to hit Gortat at just the right time when he moves to the basket. Maybe next season we will see the three of them on the floor together more often. Who knows.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Wow 15 year old having another tantrum. So sorry you seem to have such problems. I don't think there is any meds, much more likely hospital stay is recommended for your problem.

IMO it is the best answer for your problem.

I am sure that we all hope you get better before you come back here to post.

Take care.

let's see...

sentence #1- poor

sentence #2- poor

sentence #3- so terrible, i think you gave me cancer

sentence #4- moderately bad

sentence #5- pretty decent actually...more like this plz. kthxbai

*Sigh*

is this what we've become?

PEC's easy to bash. She's made so many missteps in the past. Put more effort into your bashing.

I don't know. The "so terrible, I think you gave me cancer." line was pretty hysterical.

Yeah but he stole it from Futurama so it doesn't count.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Its hard to justify running plays for JJ when he consistently misses wide open jumpers on plays that aren't run for him.

I've been a big JJ supporter for a while but its time to admit that something is wrong with his shot. He never used to miss one wide open shot after another. He still contributes in other ways and I don't want to discount that. Its just annoying that the primary reason we drafted him is the one part of his game that has gone MIA.

JJ is one of our smartest players. He has a lot of IQ bb, and nonone can deny that.

All the people says that JJ can

quote:

so you think courtney thinks he's white because???? and he can't dunk, so obviously the two dunks on lebron never happened and you can't watch a game/replay and see that he had NO chance to dunk that lob. sorry, but you're a bit out of line on that one. everyone on this team has detriments to their games...JJ included. why not just list 'em for everyone instead of naming a few.