Sign in to follow this  
Blue Blood

NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: Hedo Turkoglu will opt out

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...1509,0,7018249.story

quote:
The agent for Hedo Turkoglu told the Sentinel on Monday that the Orlando Magic small forward will opt out of his contract and become a free agent in two weeks.

"It would make sense for him to opt out," Lon Babby, Turkoglu's agent said by phone. "I can't imagine a scenario inwhich he would not."

Surprised? Not surprised? How big of an impact will Hedo's departure be on our team? IMO, Hedo is a lot more valuable than people think. He's a huge part of the identity of our team. What do you guys think?

quote:
The agent for Hedo Turkoglu told the Sentinel on Monday that the Orlando Magic small forward will opt out of his contract and become a free agent in two weeks.

"It would make sense for him to opt out," Lon Babby, Turkoglu's agent said by phone. "I can't imagine a scenario inwhich he would not."

Surprised? Not surprised? How big of an impact will Hedo's departure be on our team? IMO, Hedo is a lot more valuable than people think. He's a huge part of the identity of our team. What do you guys think?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
How big of an impact will Hedo's departure be on our team?

Why are you saying departure? Just because he is opting out does not mean we lose him.

Maybe Blue Blood knows something we don't.

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Blood:

quote:

How's this breaking news? lol

Agree, with all his weaknesses, Hedo has been a playmaker and clutch shooter, probably the best at making his own shot besides Jameer. That's what I consider scary about losing him.

I don't want him gone.

Lose Battie, Rafer and hmmm... Foyle. Richardson too.

Keep Hedo and Gortat.

Trade for Bosh and Rip Hamilton, sign Kobe and get Amare to backup Dwight. McDyess can come off the bench too.

Keep AJ, I like the old timer.

I heard Allen Iverson is available too. He can backup Jameer since we'll get rid of Rafer.

Shaq can be signed to guard the parking lot.

In all seriousness, read paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 5.

and this isn't really Breaking News, We've known about his for about 3 or 4 years..I mean its the norm now-a-days to opt out. This is his last opportunity to get a big contract, probably his last meaningful one. He's riding a finals wave, MIP last year, and a lot of love from the media. It would be stupid for him not to opt out.

I think we keep him. He will sign back with Orlando

Allen Iverson won't back up anyone. That's where all his problems in Detroit stemmed from, you know?

Anyway, yeah. This is pretty much "duh" news. The news is Hedo wants more than 7 million dollars next year and plans on doing something about it!

Despite his screw ups, he also does a lot of great things on the floor and has easily outplayed his contract.

This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Turk would be foolish to wait until next summer to become a free agent.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
How big of an impact will Hedo's departure be on our team?

Why are you saying departure? Just because he is opting out does not mean we lose him.

Maybe Blue Blood knows something we don't.

You know what I mean, smart guys. If he does leave, how will that affect our team? Are we still the Orlando Magic that are matchup nightmares for most teams in the league? Do we go out and find a 'replacement' SF or do we sign a hard nosed banger PF and move Shard to SF?