Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Brian Hill's job is in jeopardy! This is legit guys!! From the Sentinel just now!!!

Brian is gone, no way can he recover with any authority after this. The only time that happens is when a "players" coach's job is in jeopardy and the players rally around him. Like they did Isiah this season until his extension was signed.

Does anyone foresee the players rallying around Brian? I didn't think so.

The truth is the rule changes have outdated Brian's plodding inside out philosophy. It work in Shaq's day because zone defenses were outlawed and handchecking on the perimeter was allowed.

The league changed the rules to entice scoring and Brian never adjusted and can't, it is his MO.

Instead of allowing Jameer and Carlos use their talents in transition he handcuffed them, turning a position that everyone had thought was a strenght this summer into a weakness.

The climate of the NBA has changed, just look at who is succeeding in this league. Teams who push the tempo, often play small ball and can shoot. Otis goes out and finds Brian two shooters in Kebo and JJ. All Brian does is bury them on the bench since they don't fit "his" philisophy. The fact is coaches have to adapt to new rules and like the dinosaurs, Brian is incapable of adaptation.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Brian is gone, no way can he recover with any authority after this. The only time that happens is when a "players" coach's job is in jeopardy and the players rally around him. Like they did Isiah this season until his extension was signed.

Does anyone foresee the players rallying around Brian? I didn't think so.

The truth is the rule changes have outdated Brian's plodding inside out philosophy. It work in Shaq's day because zone defenses were outlawed and handchecking on the perimeter was allowed.

The league changed the rules to entice scoring and Brian never adjusted and can't, it is his MO.

Instead of allowing Jameer and Carlos use their talents in transition he handcuffed them, turning a position that everyone had thought was a strenght this summer into a weakness.

The climate of the NBA has changed, just look at who is succeeding in this league. Teams who push the tempo, often play small ball and can shoot. Otis goes out and finds Brian two shooters in Kebo and JJ. All Brian does is bury them on the bench since they don't fit "his" philisophy. The fact is coaches have to adapt to new rules and like the dinosaurs, Brian is incapable of adaptation.

Which in the choice of our next coach has me leaning toward Marc Ivaroni and not Adelman. I know he's a good coach but he is getting up there in age.

I'm very curious to see how Phoenix ends up in the playoffs this year cause I'm still not convinced that style of play can win you a championship. But, boy is it ever fun to watch!

If Phoenix wins it all I'd say Marc Ivaroni is my choice.

if he his is truely gone it will prove that the ownership is commited to the team and that is a very positive event. but they must hire someone from outside who will bring in his on staff. hill's group made very little progress with the talent and i think these young players deserve a new look. jacklj

They need to decide what direction they are going to go with this as quickly as possible.

It was not fair to everyone, especially the die hard fans, for them to post and state their vague comments all year.

They need to establish what direction this team is heading, and they need to do it soon. We are at a cross road this season, all eyes are on management and they know this.

The decisions they make this summer, whether it be coaching or personnel, is going to affect this organization for years to come. There is a lot at stake here. Let

I know after this article....He is gone, no way he can recover from this. I think they are trying to just give him the chance to resign instead of having to fire him.

BUT know how the magic have done this before and remembering how some of you had said the assistant was being groomed to be the next coach I am worried.

I will not celebrate until I see who they hire...I don't want to see no promotions from inside dam nit

I don't hate B Hill as a person, but as a coach he is not the right fit for our team. And i am glad this is coming out and as someone else said as long as he has nothing to do with what goes on on the court or any further "influence" on our up and coming young superstars, then whether he is part of this organization or not I could care less. The adjustments he should have made he id not make because of personal decision and not what was right for the team, period. Anyone like that especially around our young players is not what we need.

More fuel for the fire. This was the East Playoffs Series rating from Randy Hill at FoxSport.com

"My next target is the Detroit-Orlando series, which was troubling because the losing coach is named Hill. While it's true that Brian suited up less talent than the Pistons, his scoring tactics suggest the time has come for NBA teams to hire offensive coordinators.

Hey, Brian...isolation and disgustingly rare ball movement only work when you have a superstar or two (please consult Riley). By the way, I'll only root for Jameer Nelson to dribble away the clock if we're watching the first round of the NFL Draft."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6760248

I do not know how I missed this but this is incredible news. Like many others I really do not see anyway they can bring him back now. The players would have no respect for him and at any sign of trouble he would be fired anyway. I understand they tried to "right a wrong" or whatever but the point is the game has passed Hill's style by. He has not adapted to the way the NBA is now. I wonder if the 2 or 3 weeks is to let him step down on his own and accept a position in the front office. I guess it would not matter though since everyone would know they forced him out anyway.

As for the coaches:

Marc Iavaroni would be great but if they wait to long for him and then strike out where do they turn??

I hear Adelman has been linked to either the Seattle job or a job in the Blazers front office. He prefers to stay on the West Coast and there were even reports that he would not coach the Sonics if they do move to OKC.

Rick Carlisle could be had right now if they want. I do not see any coach that wants a job turning down the Magic with all the talent they have and with how bad the East is right now.

As long as they get someone that is a good X and O type of guy with a good staff that can improve the talent that is here. The team that we presently have will be better as an uptempo team.