Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 4 - Game 2: NBA Finals Game Thread Magic @ Lakers 6/7 8:00 P.M.

The major problem was when Peaches fouled out b/c JJ couldn't shoot and Lee couldn't play any D on Kobe, suprising JJ's defense on Kobe was better than Lee's. The sad truth is that the Magic aren't the better team.

I was happy with the defense hedo did on Kobe toward the end. His size helps tremendously and doesnt allow kobe to just overpower him on the drive like he did to lee and peaches

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

The major problem was when Peaches fouled out b/c JJ couldn't shoot and Lee couldn't play any D on Kobe, suprising JJ's defense on Kobe was better than Lee's. The sad truth is that the Magic aren't the better team.

I strongly disagree. The Magic can beat the Lakers any day. But not shooting like they have been in games 1 and 2. The Lakers have been playing better but I don't believe they are the better team.

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

quote:

I strongly disagree. The Magic can beat the Lakers any day. But not shooting like they have been in games 1 and 2. The Lakers have been playing better but I don't believe they are the better team.

+1

quote:

Lee's D on Kobe was more than solid, he's just simply too short for Kobe. Kobe just pulled up over him and drained tough shots.

Lee's D on Kobe was far from solid, Stan went with JJ because he needed someone to stretch the floor and both his pg's sucked. Flat out sucked. Stan will get alot of flak, but until JJ missed the wide open 3 and the turnover he was playing solid.

Stan seems to get alot of flak for anything he does, and I love the people criticizing him for not playing AJ, have they seen AJ play? And then blaming him for Skip's recent terrible play. Skip's confidence has nothing to do with him missing all those open shots.

Lost in this game is the fact that Shard had probably one of his best games in a Magic Uni. 34 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists. That's insane numbers.

Also, Turk played a great game and had one of the best blocks in Magic history.

I know we lost and it looks bad, but if both of those players play like this for the rest of the series and someone else decides to come to play, we're going to be very hard to beat.

Denver Nuggets fan here - In the Nuggets series with the Lakers, after the Lakers won game 5, and were awarded many "ticky tack" fouls, and "no foul calls", some of the Denver sports writers felt that the Nuggets played very tentative in game 6, did not attack LA's bigs, and went into a jump shooting team mode, as to not draw the same kind of fouls, and ended up getting blown out.

Orlando needs to go inside, and attack LA's bigs, and hopefully draw the fouls on LA.

quote:
Originally posted by Denver Native:

Denver Nuggets fan here - In the Nuggets series with the Lakers, after the Lakers won game 5, and were awarded many "ticky tack" fouls, and "no foul calls", some of the Denver sports writers felt that the Nuggets played very tentative in game 6, did not attack LA's bigs, and went into a jump shooting team mode, as to not draw the same kind of fouls, and ended up getting blown out.

Orlando needs to go inside, and attack LA's bigs, and hopefully draw the fouls on LA.

Thanks for the support. I think our team has some good things they saw from this game to build on. Also our role players will play much better at home.

I think we have a good chance of running the tables on them in Orlando and making this series a 6-7 game victory for Orlando.