Sign in to follow this  
Obawan12

Congrats

I realize this is kind of late, but I was way to depressed Saturday night to start it and was barely home yesterday and just got on the computer for like the first time today.

Anyways, I wanted to just congratulate the Magic on getting to the Finals. I am still very upset, but it is easy for me to see now how much more talented you guys are than the cavs. It just took you guys beating the cavs in a series for me to see it. I wish you guys luck in the Finals and if Jameer plays healthy you guys should be huge favorites IMO.

I also wanted to share with you guys another realization I had after the series was over (actually it was more like after game 4, but you get the point). When I look at the Magic roster, I think they are the most talented team in the league. If you break it down, not even the Lakers have more talent than them. Here is how I see it:

PG: Nelson- a legitimate All-Star and is one of the most cold-blooded players I have ever seen. He would have been Most improved easily if he had stayed healthy.

SG: Lee- the weakest link in your starting line-up, which is scary. He knocks down his shots and is an excellent finisher. Scrappy defender also.

SF: Turkoglu- should have been an All-Star last year, he isn't very consistent but steps up in big games.

PF: Lewis- can't say I am a big fan right now lol. He killed all series, another All-Star.

C: Howard- self-explanatory. DPOY and a beast down low on both ends.

Then there is the bench:

Alston, when Jameer is healthy, may just be the best back-up PG in the league. I hate him, but he's a decent player.

Pietrus is a legit 6th man and he murdered the cavs bench. I don't expect him to shoot that well in the finals, but his D will be key on Kobe.

Gortat is a good back-up to have and he doesn't need to play big minutes because of the style of play with Lewis at the 4.

In the group I count 4 legit All-Stars, and a potential one in Lee. You guys are better than the Lakers at every position except SG and PF, and the PF gap isn't as big as you would think. Also, I would definitely give your bench the nod. The Lakers have a deep bench, but they don't have any game changers like Pietrus.

In short, I had fun watching the cavs and Magic play and I hope we meet again next year. Here is to hoping the Magic kick the Laker's asses.

I realize this is kind of late, but I was way to depressed Saturday night to start it and was barely home yesterday and just got on the computer for like the first time today.

Anyways, I wanted to just congratulate the Magic on getting to the Finals. I am still very upset, but it is easy for me to see now how much more talented you guys are than the cavs. It just took you guys beating the cavs in a series for me to see it. I wish you guys luck in the Finals and if Jameer plays healthy you guys should be huge favorites IMO.

I also wanted to share with you guys another realization I had after the series was over (actually it was more like after game 4, but you get the point). When I look at the Magic roster, I think they are the most talented team in the league. If you break it down, not even the Lakers have more talent than them. Here is how I see it:

PG: Nelson- a legitimate All-Star and is one of the most cold-blooded players I have ever seen. He would have been Most improved easily if he had stayed healthy.

SG: Lee- the weakest link in your starting line-up, which is scary. He knocks down his shots and is an excellent finisher. Scrappy defender also.

SF: Turkoglu- should have been an All-Star last year, he isn't very consistent but steps up in big games.

PF: Lewis- can't say I am a big fan right now lol. He killed all series, another All-Star.

C: Howard- self-explanatory. DPOY and a beast down low on both ends.

Then there is the bench:

Alston, when Jameer is healthy, may just be the best back-up PG in the league. I hate him, but he's a decent player.

Pietrus is a legit 6th man and he murdered the cavs bench. I don't expect him to shoot that well in the finals, but his D will be key on Kobe.

Gortat is a good back-up to have and he doesn't need to play big minutes because of the style of play with Lewis at the 4.

In the group I count 4 legit All-Stars, and a potential one in Lee. You guys are better than the Lakers at every position except SG and PF, and the PF gap isn't as big as you would think. Also, I would definitely give your bench the nod. The Lakers have a deep bench, but they don't have any game changers like Pietrus.

In short, I had fun watching the cavs and Magic play and I hope we meet again next year. Here is to hoping the Magic kick the Laker's asses.

Thanks.

It was a close series that could've ended either way by a few shots. Hope you stick around and cheer with us on the board for the rest of the season.

I enjoy your post and your POV.

Classy post, good luck to the Cavs going forward.

This was a series I know I'll never forget and it's made sweeter by remembering that the other side of winning is losing. A side that we, as Magic fans, are all to familiar with. So again, kudos.

quote:
Originally posted by magic49ers:

you guys got a great team and will def be in contention again next year

I'm not even sure about this anymore, I know we will contend because of LeBron but in the playoffs Z never shows up and Mo was on and off like a light switch. Delonte was the only guy besides LeBron who showed any heart, I am starting to question who is better between him and Mo when you take into account defense, intangibles, heart, etc.

I just hope Ferry pulls off another trade like he did when he got Mo for nothing, except this time he gets us a big man, preferably someone who can move his feet before dwight howard is already running down court after a dunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:

I'm not even sure about this anymore, I know we will contend because of LeBron but in the playoffs Z never shows up and Mo was on and off like a light switch. Delonte was the only guy besides LeBron who showed any heart, I am starting to question who is better between him and Mo when you take into account defense, intangibles, heart, etc.

I just hope Ferry pulls off another trade like he did when he got Mo for nothing, except this time he gets us a big man, preferably someone who can move his feet before dwight howard is already running down court after a dunk.

You all have already made the finals once, and have gone deep in the playoffs the other times. Eventually you'll get over the hump. Hopefully not at Orlando's expense.

Obawan I like you dude/dudette. Understand you were upset! That is really classy of you to come here and give props to our team after a loss.

Obawan, I feel for you. Lebron is too talented to not win a title; if he gets a borderline All-Star big man, I doubt even we stop you.

Oh, please tell the Cavs that Gortat is hands off. I know how much you guys covet him. He could be the borderline All-Star I was talking about.

Also, your man Gibson showed up in the those last 2 games. If he can continue that, that'll give you something else to build on.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:

I wish your team the best of luck in getting to the conference finals only to get squashed by us every year.

I mean that in a nice way. I think you know what I mean.