Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Jameer Being Evaluated!!

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

The NBA finals isn't the time or place to work off four months of rust or for getting back into basketball shape. Being healed doesn't mean he's ready to step on a court and play in a FINALS series.

I love Jameer, but how effective could he really be at this point? I know it would just be back up minutes, but it just sounds like a bad idea to to me.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

obviously he will have rust, but i think a rusty jameer is better than AJ for 10-15 mins a game. I don't even have a problem with the way AJ has played overall during this playoffs, but jameer can be a nightmare for the lakers.

Let him get 10-15 with the second unit, get the rust off and then let him split evenly with Rafer towards the end of series if he looks good. The emotional lift would be AMAZING. I am so happy for the little guy if it works out.

quote:

The NBA finals isn't the time or place to work off four months of rust or for getting back into basketball shape. Being healed doesn't mean he's ready to step on a court and play in a FINALS series.

I love Jameer, but how effective could he really be at this point? I know it would just be back up minutes, but it just sounds like a bad idea to to me.

+1

Why risk ruining their current chemistry?

I think you gotta let the little guy at least get in a few games. I am not saying play him 20-30 minutes, but I like 5-10 minutes at first and then go from there. It would be a huge let down for Jameer to sit on the sidelines in a suit knowing he could suit up and help the team. Like it was stated, this could be his only chance.

wow! i was just saying to my brother in law too bad Jameer isn't around to enjoy this run! But if he DOES return, we'd have no stagnation at point guard whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, AJ has been wonderful, but a healthy Jameer doing backup at point would be ... wow! One more weapon to use against the Lakers! I say go for it :-).

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just talked to a friend of mine that works at RDV...he said the word around the building from some of Otis's confidant's is that Jameer is playing.

Sounds good to me!...But bad for the Lakers, lol...that is, if he can be effective.

Me too...anything to keep AJ off the floor is a positive imo! Gortat, Pietrus, & Nelson off the bench would be a nice 8 man rotation. As long as he doesn't try to do more than he's currently capable of...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

+1

75% of the time AJ enters the game he already ruins the chemistry. I honestly fail to see the down side here.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

+1

75% of the time AJ enters the game he already ruins the chemistry. I honestly fail to see the down side here.

ESPECIALLY in the 4th quarter. A.J. rarely plays well when he comes in to start the 4th, especially on D.

I don't have too much of a problem with "2nd quarter A.J."

Even if he doesn't play a lot it just gives the Lakers something else to have to prepare for. We will know for sure by Monday. If Nelson doesn't practice Monday then it isn't happening.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

Nelson taking even 1 minute of playing time away from AJ can only be a good thing.

Agree with u all about AJ. Not to mention... if Jameer can get back into full rhythm, he could become the X factor.

LOL why so much hate for AJ? I love the guy, he gives it his all on the floor for the 15 min he gets. You gotta love his hustle and energy for 34 yrs old naaw, c'mon ya'll! He doesn't make bad decisions at the least, and I give him credit for that.

IMO the bum who is leaking this info is a tool, and only looking out for himself. This should never be an ESPN story 5 days before the finals game 1. If you are going to play jameer, keep it on the DL. There is no use of tipping our opponents off for a potential strategy. Bad, bad PR move.