Sign in to follow this  
rronn394

do you know the truth about heaven and hell?

The kingdom of God is within all of us...

It just all depends on what

God you have faith in and BELIEVE IN.

We all BELIEVE IN SOMETHING.

We all have two things in common...

We are born and we die.

what's in-between is our own choice...

Just make the right one.

May your life be blessed...JD

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

"I would be very careful believing anything about anyone creating a "new religion" in the last 100 years including scientology, jehovah witness & mormans.... let alone the last 20 years (neale donald).

Jehovah's Witnesses have been around for much longer than most think.

Yeah hutch in cali my old boss of 6 years was a JW... just from memeory i think it was the 1880'c charles Taze Russell founded them. He was a 7-day adventist but didnt like there doctrine of hell... he was there leader unitl about 1920 when he passed away. Also he said that christs return was going to happen in 1914 and it didnt so they said 1925 and it didnt then 1975 and after that one now they say that those were important they just interpreted them wrong.. so now they say that in 1914 Christ allegedly returned invisibly and became king in 1914 to a future event associated with his judging mankind at the Battle of Armageddon.

Then judge rutherford took over changed their name to JW's around the 40's and started focusing on increasing their numbers. so all in all they have been around 130+ years but only about 70+ in there current form.

ummm, not exactly

In 1876 the Bible student Charles Taze Russell contributed the article "Gentile Times: When Do They End?" to the Bible Examiner, published in Brooklyn, New York, which said on page 27 of its October issue, "The seven times will end in A.D. 1914." The Gentile Times is the period referred to in another Bible translation as "the appointed times of the nations." (Luke 21:24) Not all that was expected to happen in 1914 did happen, but it did mark the end of the Gentile Times and was a year of special significance. Many historians and commentators agree that 1914 was a turning point in human history. The following quotations illustrate this:

"The last completely 'normal' year in history was 1913, the year before World War I began."

Also if you where wondering if the King James Bible was changed over the years, their is proof it hasnt. The dead sea scrolls match up to the King James Bible, and thats over 2,000 of translating the Bible.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

ummm, not exactly

In 1876 the Bible student Charles Taze Russell contributed the article "Gentile Times: When Do They End?" to the Bible Examiner, published in Brooklyn, New York, which said on page 27 of its October issue, "The seven times will end in A.D. 1914." The Gentile Times is the period referred to in another Bible translation as "the appointed times of the nations." (Luke 21:24) Not all that was expected to happen in 1914 did happen, but it did mark the end of the Gentile Times and was a year of special significance. Many historians and commentators agree that 1914 was a turning point in human history. The following quotations illustrate this:

"The last completely 'normal' year in history was 1913, the year before World War I began."

No problem Nathan, have fun with your discussion, but please do not call out certain religions for the sake of keeping things peaceful.

quote:

Iactually would rather get this discussion back to christianity then the differing beleiefs between a christian and a JW

Yeah thats why i said this..

For the record i worked with about 8 JW's in my 6 years at my last company and even though we agree to disagree, they are some of my best friends and a gret boss to work for, and i would move back and work with athem any time if my family didnt live in orlando.

I don't know if any of you guys saw the thing on Nightline, but they held a debate between "The Way of the Master" and "The Rational Response squad" on whether or not God exists.

Having just watched the video, I can say that no matter where your opinions are on that difficult subject, I think we can all agree:

Anyone on this board could've done a better job of arguing their respective side than the clowns they had doing it on this show.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I don't know if any of you guys saw the thing on Nightline, but they held a debate between "The Way of the Master" and "The Rational Response squad" on whether or not God exists.

Having just watched the video, I can say that no matter where your opinions are on that difficult subject, I think we can all agree:

Anyone on this board could've done a better job of arguing their respective side than the clowns they had doing it on this show.

You have a link?? i've never seen it

Wow, you guys are really showing your knowledge on this religious battle. I thought this wouldn't continue but I has seemed to escalate.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

You have a link?? i've never seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65mjKTRm6E

That's part one, and you can find the rest on youtube pretty easily.

The theists(including former Growing Pains child star, Kirk Cameron, who absolutely humiliates himself here) come across as poorly educated and carrying an air haughty superiority, while the atheists come across as condescending and angry. To put it a different way, both sides come across as a negative stereotype the other side might impose on them.

The discussion we've had on this board is both more insightful and more intelligently debated, to the point where you really start to wonder about Nightline since Koppel left, but that's a different thread.