Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

Nice man. We have a fairly easy schedule, except for the west conf. games. We really need to step it up and win all of the easy ones, starting today. I really want to see us in the playoffs, especially in beautiful HD.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

My predictions for the remaing teams 21 games:

#6) Miami Heat 15-9 (44 - 38)

#7) Indiana Pacers 11-13 (40 - 42)

#8) New Jersey Nets 11-11 (39 - 43)

#9) Orlando Magic 7-14 (35 - 47)

Bummer...

I'd be interested in seeing your game-by-game breakdown where NJN goes 11-11 against their schedule...

Also, you're forgetting about New York...

**** Indy is getting reamed with 8 back to backs and the 2nd of their B2B'S are:

At Utah

At Cleveland

Vs Washington

At San Antonio

At New Jersey

Vs Boston

At Milwaukee

Vs Washington

Meanwhile ours are..

At Charlotte

At Miami

Vs Boston

Vs Miami

NBA schedule makers sure are easy on the heat w/b2b's

I guess it isn't unreasonable for the Nets to step up their play and beat a wide majority of the under .500 teams they play, but I'm predicting a total breakdown after they get thrashed on their road trip.

Does anyone know when RJeff is actually supposed to play again? I read he's going to travel with them on their road trip. The sooner they get him back the sooner he'll be in game shape for their April stretch, where they play 8 games against teams that have playoff aspirations out of 9 games.

I really want to say that New York is going to choke and play really, really bad once postseason pressure builds up on them, but their schedule is too favorable for them to fall into a funk / slump unless they seriously go down the drain. Every time they have a tough game it gets followed by a couple easier ones. They've been playing good, solid basketball for months now...

Then again, they do play Dallas twice this month! Lol, I feel like if I say New York will do bad, they'll spite me and do good... if I say they do good, they'll fall apart like the Knicks we've come to know and love.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

great post by the way I love it.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

no way the nets go 11-11.

you could be right. maybe I did make them a little better then what they are.

maybe they lose the Denver and Washington game or maybe even the NO/Oklahoma game.

Either way the Magic didnt make it.

Dont get me wrong I want the Magic to make the playoffs. But I am a realist and the way the Magic are playing. They're not making it.

The lynchpin to our success will be how we fair in the 5 games we have head to head with these teams. Keep you eyes on that, as well as was posted earlier - both Indiana and New Jersey have a tough March ahead, and of course lets see what we and the others do with the Givme' Games. Given our recent success vs crappy teams ,And I use the term success with extreme sarcasm, it could be a tougher road to hoe than we think.

Late post, but great work Military!! Love the enthusiasm and number crunching!! Keep it up!

I too see us backing into the playoffs, but I am reminded of what Herm Edwards said this year about the Chiefs making the NFL playoffs. I believe he made reference to them winning the last game of the season while every other team they needed to lose lost.

I don't care how we get there, I would rather see us limp in and get swept in four, than not make it at all.

First off Nice work MilitaryMagic. Ok with that said heres my .02

Orlando pulls it together desite the mighty midget trying to screw it up.

They go 11-11 to go 39-43 and grab the 8 spot. Play Detroit and fall in 4 games.

Well last night went about as good as it can go. The starters barely had to break a sweat past half time and there is no travel until Sunday. Chicago will also be coming off a game in Miami so hopefully the Heat take them to quadruple overtime.

The Magic killer list is great stuff. The ones that really bother me are Jannero Pargo and Smush Parker. That game in OKC this year Pargo was shooting from his hip basically and was being defended really well and just could not miss. I shudder at night thinking about Jannero Pargo.

I'm going to update my charts later tonight...

I figure I'll code a little script or make an excel spreadsheet that will auto-generate these charts based on schedules / team records. This will also allow me to create as many arbitrary statistics as I want! If I get this working, I'll be open to suggestions for trends and other stats that we'd like to see...