Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Anyone blaming the refs is an idiot....

I thought JJ could have gotten some time last night when they went to three guards with him on Gibson.

Delonte West's ability to post people up makes him a bad match up on JJ.

Everyone blames the refs when they lose. What makes anyone think that other teans don't come up with the same arguements that people on this board do? Its really annoying to see this constant crying on the boards. We can't control it so you just have to go with the flow. We shot more free throws than they did we just can't make them.

The problem with this team is their lack of commitment defensively, starting with Dwight.The only reason these games have been close is because we are playing so well offensively, that guys are relaxing on defense. The Cavs have been missing wide open shots this whole series and if this team doesn't start guarding somebody then we are in trouble. The refs don't control rotations and just leaving guys wide open.

Drain-O: actually lebron is averaging more fts a game than wade was that series, 16.8 to 16.1. i remember watchin that series and being extremely glad i wasnt a mavs fan

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

2dazryg.png

Amirite guys? Tell me this doesn't summarize this series thus far.

You're rite. sgoprq.png

But you're missing Crawford and Bavetta.

Its seemingly impossible to guard LeBron.

- They don't call Charges on him even though he's been charging into Howard and Pietrus during the entire series. The officiating has made him untouchable thus far in this series. It is completely the the referees that are at fault for these ridiculous plays being called in favor of the Cavs.

You have to feel sorry for Dwight when LeBron barrels into him and he gets called for a foul while standing straight up. This is a travesty when a player gets called for ticky tack fouls and the other team hacks and provokes him into getting angry.

The Magic lost the game mostly because of themselves but to think the series has been fair this entire time after all makes me think "where the **** have you been?".

The refs did what they have been doing all series, but we still were in position to win. Dwight had 3 fouls with around 2 minutes left in the third qtr, and i said to my friends "We should get Gortat in there now so Dwight doesn't get another stupid foul...in fact he could rest 'til the 9 min mark and..." BEEEEEEP...whistle on Dwight, and he got his 4th. Had Stan made that substitution, we may have had D-12 down the stretch.

The free throws were pathetic, and Rafer was just awful. Just not a good effort overall, but i feel decent about it because we still could have won with our C game.

We did lose this game because of our fkn LAZY play on defense mainly, and then on offense with Alston and AJ.

Referees did not help though by phantom calls on Dwight, Gortat and Peaches. I honestly felt at one point that, WHOEVER STARTED TO PLAY GOOD FOR MAGIC GOT WHISTLED FOR FOULS IMMEDIATELY. At one point, this was Rashard.

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We missed our free throws, got killed by Mo/Boobie, and just played stupid lazy ball in the 4th. The Cavs just wanted this more.

all thats true, but you cant deny lebron got some B.S. calls

Yes he got some, but when it comes down to the brass tacks the Magic were not ready to win in game 5. Both Lewis and Rafer forgot to leave Orlando they were in the game in spirit only. As you can see in their combined shooting of 5-23. Lewis's spirit left early in the second half as he had only 2 points in that half.

Hedo showed offense, but left what little defense he plays at home with Lewis and Rafer.

The lack of defense as in the first period and too many missed free throws combined with the other factors mentioned is not because of bad reffing but a team not ready to play.

So blaming the refs in this case is just silly.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

7) Because JJ isn't playing.

I actually wonder if JJ could be more of a factor in this series than CLee has been. Lee looks timid now that he is paying with a broken nose. Even getting popped in the mask must hurt.

I believe JJ would have no problem gurading Delonte, and he would definitely help our offensive continuity more than CLee has.

Honestly, I was wondering the same thing. JJ did a good job of staying with Ray Allen. West is certainly no more agile than Ray.

Then you could save Lee's legs, then use him more minutes on Lebron. We need to have Lee or Pietrus on Lebron at all times. Hedo should only be guarding James every once in a while, just to give him a different look.

And they could not cheat off of JJ the same way they cheat off of Lee to double down on Dwight either.

If West can back Lee & Hedo into the post, he would kill JJ.

Maybe. But JJ's style of defense on someone like that is to funnel them to the inside defenders. And I haven't really seen where West is that great of a passer in that situation. If he is, then you're right, he could possibly burn JJ. But if he is hell-bent on taking a shot in that situation, he might find himself eating a Spalding sandwich (or is it Wilson; I can never remember) hand delivered by Chef 12.

If JJ can guard Delonte's post shots off the floor of doom, then JJ would work.

We have to keep in mind that Allen is not a dribbling, posting up guy. He runs around screens and shoots. JJ was capable of guarding that to let Lee come off the bench to handle House. But now, JJ would have to guard somebody that dribbles and posts up.

I'm not really sure why Delonte backs Lee and Hedo in the post. Are they scared of guarding him? I don't understand. He fades away and shoots, can't they figure it out soon enough in the series?

I know he's not being that great of a factor, but last night he was killing the Magic at the beginning. Why? Not one block?

It also doesn't help that Hedo is not good at posting up. He could post up West all night until they do something. Unfortunately that's a mismatch that's harder to exploit because Hedo still has to make jump shots, above West, but jumpshots.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Its seemingly impossible to guard LeBron.

- They don't call Charges on him even though he's been charging into Howard and Pietrus during the entire series. The officiating has made him untouchable thus far in this series. It is completely the the referees that are at fault for these ridiculous plays being called in favor of the Cavs.

You have to feel sorry for Dwight when LeBron barrels into him and he gets called for a foul while standing straight up. This is a travesty when a player gets called for ticky tack fouls and the other team hacks and provokes him into getting angry.

The Magic lost the game mostly because of themselves but to think the series has been fair this entire time after all makes me think "where the **** have you been?".

I think I agree with this.

Another thing, maybe Rafer needs to understand he's not a good shooter overall. He just can't be a great scorer all the time.

You scored 26, shot great, were the hero, props to you. Start again in the next game. The reason Rafer got the points he got in game 4 is because he was left open. He was the poison they picked. That should be the case in every game.